Propeller efficiencies for Quad in Realflight 9?

sachinaus

Hi,
I wanted to understand if Realflight 9 takes into account the propellers efficiencies during the simulation, i.e. how the propeller efficiencies (the amount of thrust getting generated at an RPM) change with the air gust that is coming at an angle on them.?
If yes, then how does it do it? Through some Fluid dynamics computation?

That is something that you will have to contact KE about. (tech support.) They may not let you into their physics calculations as that is proprietary. Why do you need it?

On my copter in the actual scenario, the efficiency of props increase when it flies at a particular ground speed (i.e. thrust generated increases with lesser RPM and hence lesser current drawn by the motors). However, in Realflight, the RPM is more for that ground speed, which indicates that the efficiencies of propellers are not getting account at different speeds.

Hence, I wanted to understand if Realflight actually ignores the propeller efficiencies, or do I have to set some parameters right. I will contact Realflight on this, however, can you help?

I repeat my previous answer. The only things you can modify or look at is in the aircraft editor. You cannot view or change the physics calculations. You really need to talk to the developers for the dirty grit and guts. Then you will have to provide a legit need.

Also, what determines the voltage that is available to each motor (current_voltage value)?

You can edit the motor specs and/or create your own if you want. By adjusting these things you can affect current draw. You can change:

KV rating
IO (Amps)
Internal Resistance
Weight

I have looked at the .propeller files when making/tweaking custom propellers. and there is no way to directly way I want X efficiency. there are lines for cord, byte, and airfoil, at various positions. there are ways to adjust the mass at a specific diameter and and how it changes based on diameter. and some other option. you CAN NOT edit stock propellers but you can make custom prop and edit it to your heart content.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

The thing is I first just want to understand if RF9 actually even considers prop efficiency (i.e. apart from RPM, propellers material, pitch, diameters etc which determines the thrust generated by the propellers, the amount of air which goes normal into the propellers when a quad translates also determine the thrust generated). Have you guys seen the APC propellers performance results - you can clearly observe what I am talking about (at constant RPM, and at different air speeds, the thrust generated is different, and hence the efficiency Pe. This goes true for all props but the results will be different).
Linking it here:

https://www.apcprop.com/files/PER3_16x6.dat

I have mailed the tech support on this, and await their response.

Back