Provost P-56

asj5547

Here is my attempt at modeling the Percival Provost P-56 training aircraft, will use Wings3D, 3DSMax and Photoshop.

Provost P-56.jpgDuring 1953, the Provost entered service with the RAF.
The Provost was a more than capable training aircraft, which allowed students to move straight on to the De Havilland Vampire after completing training on the Provost.
The last RAF production aircraft was delivered in April 1956. The aircraft served with the RAF until the early 1960s, when it was replaced by the newer Jet Provost.

Attachments

• Provost-1.JPG
    Provost-1.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 20
  • Provost-2.JPG
    Provost-2.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 21
  • Provost-3.JPG
    Provost-3.JPG
    233.5 KB · Views: 21
Exported fromWings3d and into Ultimate Unwrap3d for the mapping then exported out of there and into 3DSMax to set pivot points, link hierarchy, assign a texture map in the material editor and apply transparency to canopy glass and navigation lights lens, then finally export out of Max as FBX file and import into RF9.
Now I have to open Photoshop and get painting.

Attachments

• Provost-4.JPG
    Provost-4.JPG
    277.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Provost-5.JPG
    Provost-5.JPG
    269 KB · Views: 24
Great progress keep up the good work. I still have the original you sent me after you started on it. I'm sure glad to see you started a build thread for it and are sharing your work. I'm looking forward to flying it after release.

Great progress keep up the good work. I still have the original you sent me after you started on it. I'm sure glad to see you started a build thread for it and are sharing your work. I'm looking forward to flying it after release.
Thanks Technoid.

Here are a few more pics with more paint applied and in my favourite program RF-X.

Attachments

• Provost-6.JPG
    Provost-6.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Provost-7.JPG
    Provost-7.JPG
    366.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Provost-8.JPG
    Provost-8.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 26
  • Provost-9.JPG
    Provost-9.JPG
    298.8 KB · Views: 24
Sweet looking pictures. RFX definitely has much nicer graphics. I wish KE would improve the graphics quality in RF this next release it needs it badly.

Who knew, asj the modeler. That's a great looking plane I'm looking forward to your updates.

Yes I was gone but the current situation brought me back home.

I decided to change the wheels on the Provost, the ones i used were from the parts repository,
they are great wheels but the Provost does not have spoke wheels, so I stopped being lazy and modeled a new set of wheels that looked more like the real world aircraft.I also made the flight sticks and throttle lever 5% larger which resulted in a remap and import back into 3dsMax for pivots and linking.
Picture one is of the spoke wheels and picture two are the new wheels

Attachments

• wheels-2.jpg
    wheels-2.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 13
  • wheels-4.jpg
    wheels-4.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 13
I decided to change the wheels on the Provost, the ones i used were from the parts repository,
they are great wheels but the Provost does not have spoke wheels, so I stopped being lazy and modeled a new set of wheels that looked more like the real world aircraft.I also made the flight sticks and throttle lever 5% larger which resulted in a remap and import back into 3dsMax for pivots and linking.
Picture one is of the spoke wheels and picture two are the new wheels
I'm normally lazy and just use the spoke wheels I modeled for all my planes but recently I've realized I need to be a little more accurate in what the wheels look like, so good for you.

Back