doug schluter

PT 19 88 in span_AV

Thank you, @doug schluter !

I have a soft-spot for the PT-19; as a kid it was my first model (yellow & blue) with .049 engine. The model was a control line RTF and was pretty forgiving because the wing was fastened with rubber bands. (loved that airplane)

This plane has an interesting dihedral and killer rudder authority; does really nice rolls if you know how to apply the rudder properly. The strong dihedral almost means learning how to fly again. I love the 88 span; looks great and is fun to fly; thanks again.

I'm missing something (visually not important at all) but RealFlight9 complains on aircraft load
"unable to find spinner frame ~CS_SPINNER" Its totally not a big deal, just thought I'd report it.

marcus

Thank you, @doug schluter !

I have a soft-spot for the PT-19; as a kid it was my first model (yellow & blue) with .049 engine. The model was a control line RTF and was pretty forgiving because the wing was fastened with rubber bands. (loved that airplane)

This plane has an interesting dihedral and killer rudder authority; does really nice rolls if you know how to apply the rudder properly. The strong dihedral almost means learning how to fly again. I love the 88 span; looks great and is fun to fly; thanks again.

I'm missing something (visually not important at all) but RealFlight9 complains on aircraft load
"unable to find spinner frame ~CS_SPINNER" Its totally not a big deal, just thought I'd report it.

marcus
yes brentg made an error on the parts naming and that comes up but just a little annoyance to put up with i think he would be the only one that can change that but he may have to have the original file for the build , i'm not a 3D modeler so technoid ore one of the other ones may know moew , brentg hasn't been on here in a few years . i still have the Dynaflite 120 size PT-19 with the oleo struts and large tire for it all in the boxes as well as a Satio 150 4 stroke never run new in box , i never did build it alway wanted to build it but i had so many planes built and flying , then got into Heli's a Century sport heli about 50 in span taught myself to fly it an still have it :

Last edited:
Back