Purchase History help

ArFlyer501

I bought RF9 in sometime late 2019 or early 2020, I can’t remember the exact date. I recently got a new laptop and wanted to download it and can’t find my email confirmation with the serial number. I’ve contacted both Horizon and Tower Hobbies and they say I don’t have a purchase history with them. I also checked on Steam and it doesn’t show anything on there either. I’m at a complete loss on what to do. Anybody have any advice or am I just screwed and need to purchase the new edition?

Doesn't Help... About tell you the serial number on your old computer? It does on my RF8 & Evo. I wouldn't expect RF9 to be any different.

My old laptop is no longer running. Im trying to find my serial number or activation code they sent me via email but cant find it anywhere. IDK what to do anymore.

I got RF9 in a box with DVD's. My serial number was on the back of the DVD case. I don't recall if they did digital-only downloads back then.

Any chance you have a place where you might have put DVD's?

I bought the downloadable version only. I contacted horizon support, they said their purchase history only goes back 3 years and that if I wanted to download it I would have to buy it again. They pretty much told me there's nothing they could do. I think thats a bunch of B.S. and they just want me to spend some more money.
I looked in my spam folder and couldn't find anything, but idk who to look for or who it would be from.

If your new laptop doesn't have a separate video card (nVidia or AMD) installed, then RF9 isn't going to work anyway. The Intel video no longer supports DirectX 9, which is the graphics library used by all versions of RealFlight until just a few months ago when Evolution was updated to DirectX 11.

I'm sorry you lost your license key, but I don't see how that's Horizon's fault. It would have been nice if they could have helped you, but I don't understand the expectation that they're supposed to track it for you for over three years. This gives you another reason to buy Evolution, as that purchase would be tracked through your Steam account forever.

I have a gaming laptop with a NVIDIA graphics card, it should run RF9 without a problem. I'm not saying its Horizon's fault, but if Steam can track my purchase forever through my account then why cant Horizon? They should be able to see that I purchased the downloadable software version only in 2020 and help me be able to download it again and give me a new activation key. Is that really too much to ask for with technology these days?

@ArFlyer501, I'm a little confused, because you mentioned purchasing what I think would have been the Digital Download Edition, but you also mentioned Steam. It sounds like you probably did one of the following:
  1. Bought the non-Steam Digital Download Edition from Horizon. This would have involved Horizon emailing you a RealFlight serial number (format: 12345678-EV-1234567890) and a link to a page where you could download a self-extracting installer of RF9. You then would have downloaded that RF installer onto your computer and run it, and clicked a couple options to install the software. You would have entered the serial number from the email in the RealFlight Launcher in order to run.
  2. Bought the Steam version from Horizon. This would have involved Horizon emailing you a Steam key (format: ABCDE-FGHIJ-KLMNO). You would have downloaded and installed the Steam client (if you didn't already have it) and redeemed the provided key through Steam. Then you would have installed RF9 through Steam by clicking the Install button in the Steam client.
Can you please clarify which describes your situation?

Back