PZ Spitfire MkIX

I do not have RF8 (I have RF7.5 and RF-X) I imagine you have searched the RF8 settings options for program allow/disallow features.
Have you tried disabling anti-virus/malware programs and make sure RF8 is not blocked by your firewall.
Try updating system drivers, if all okay then re-install RF8 would be next step.

I do not have RF8 (I have RF7.5 and RF-X) I imagine you have searched the RF8 settings options for program allow/disallow features.
Have you tried disabling anti-virus/malware programs and make sure RF8 is not blocked by your firewall.
Try updating system drivers, if all okay then re-install RF8 would be next step.

Thanks asj. I've thought about disabling firewall but awaiting for a reply from RF8 Support team.

Cheers
:)

I hope you get it figured out. The electric is a good fun one to fly around. The author set the D/R switch up kinda backwards so if you switch it down you get some increased rates. It makes for fantastic snap rolls.

Hi guys,

I've attached here screen shots which I had difficulty in uploading last time. I can get upto this two stages then the whole screen goes blank when I ask RF8 to "Import". See if it can throw any light.

Cheers

Attachments

• RF8 .jpg
    RF8 .jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 13
Before trying the Spitfire import again, go to "manage user files" and delete the failed import first, and restart RF8.
The pictures of the import error just reminded me, you are on a 3D field, try the import with a photo field airport, pick "Sod Farm Airport" for the import and try again, photo fields are less memory intensive and make the DDS file creation easier, also shut down all other programs running at that time, (antivirus ect.) If the import is successful you will see a green "success message" at the lower left section of the screen, (picture below) just click on that message (while it is still visible) to load the plane, (that usually works) you should get the screen as in picture 2, wait for that to finish.

Attachments

• import-2.jpg
    import-2.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 10
  • import.JPG
    import.JPG
    261.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Will have a go again. Last time I also “disabled” Avast anti-virus program.

However, I'll clear the list of previously downloaded files, use “Sod farm” field and see if it makes any difference.

Cheers

Make sure you are running the program in Administrator mode. Otherwise it may not have permission to write files out to the folders it needs.

Better Mixed News

Hi Guys,

Happy to say I've successfully downloaded and successfully flown BrokeDad's Safe Spitfire. Yes, it flies slow and steady and I managed to take-off and land it on the Sod Farm ground. Yes, I can fly that Spitty all day everyday and a relaxing plane, without doubt.

I had to re-install RF8 but before doing so, I disabled Avast anti-virus.

However, in doing so I've lost a number of HH planes but most of all, FPV planes and gadgets. I can get HUD but camera position is fixed and not on the nose. Similarly I cannot get view from the cockpit. Ah, well this will be another something I'll have to work out eventually.

Thanks guys again for all your help. :cool:

Cheers

Camera options/positions/views, will not work in photo fields (only 3D fields), not sure if that`s what you`re referring too though.??

Camera options/positions/views, will not work in photo fields (only 3D fields), not sure if that`s what you`re referring too though.??

I think you're right.
I've just updated RF8 so am getting some more of HH planes. And you're right, it seems 3D fields are missing !!! Any idea how I can get them back?

Cheers

And you're right, it seems 3D fields are missing !!! Any idea how I can get them back?

Cheers
I think I`ve had that happen before, not quite sure????You might try going back to the flying fields menu, and see if you can expand it, I`m pretty sure this has happened to me once or twice, where my options for fields were gone (3D or photo fields, one or the other not sure ???) I don`t recall what I did to get them back, but, if my memory serves me well, all it took was one click somewhere on that menu.

Monday 13 January 2019

I think I`ve had that happen before, not quite sure????You might try going back to the flying fields menu, and see if you can expand it, I`m pretty sure this has happened to me once or twice, where my options for fields were gone (3D or photo fields, one or the other not sure ???) I don`t recall what I did to get them back, but, if my memory serves me well, all it took was one click somewhere on that menu.

Hi guys,

Sunday, the 13 January turned out to be my LUCKY DAY :p :p

All is working and I got all my flying fields back !!! I've flown FPV with camera on the nose and HUD on BD's Spitfire and my Mustang -- all is good.

So what did I do? at the start of the RF8 there is a screen which shows tutorials, I clicked selecting flying fields tutorial and it showed me a list of fields and I found Castle 3D field :p .

I can now chill out. The Spit is a real pleasure in flying... very forgiving

Cheers

Last edited:
Great news .. glad you finally got it working. There are so many great models on the swap pages you don't want to miss out on them.

Great news .. glad you finally got it working. There are so many great models on the swap pages you don't want to miss out on them.

Hi BD,

Thanks for your help and encouragement. Much appreciated here.

I've two 57 inch electric Spitfire waiting to be flown .... so I'm getting some stick time while the weather is poor. I've also started flying FPV but unfortunately my spotter is not good in feeding correct info. Flying FPV in RF8 has given me that extra confidence I needed during and the first 20-30 seconds after taking-off. I now know where I was going wrong. I'm ready and rearing to go FPV as soon as weather get better. :cool:

I also think RF8 has earned its keep. :D

Cheers

Up-date
All is working now. I went in airport tutorial and bingo, all airports came back. So I can fly fpv and place a camera on the nose in a 3D airport such as Castle.

Cheers

Back