QQ Scheme for the Pitts Python?

3D-Seth

Hey guys,
Just curious if anyone was making a QQ scheme for the Pitts Python that was made by Mark England (Inky00)? I personally would like to have this scheme. Info and pics can be found here.

It is basically the Brio 10/ Byp Yak scheme . . . . .

Thanks guys!!

I WAS working on that one... then it started snowing, and now I've got 2 feet of the stuff to shovel. I just ran out of "free" time between bundling up the kids to/from school, sledding, skiing tomorrow....

I know, excuses excuses... If Fangar doesn't come up with something great by Monday, I'll see if I can't come up with something lame in the meantime to tide everyone over.

-Case

Snow blows... ;)

I have a good start, but there seems to be some issues with the texture on this plane. Many of the surfaces do not line up properly. It can be seen near the canopy in the photo below. Also, the fuse of this plane is not precise to the actual model, so the lines near the bottom might look a bit askew. I think it will be close enough if I can get the mating surfaces tweaked to match in the sim.

Cheers,

Fangar

Attachments

• qq.jpg
    qq.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 46
Fangar,it looks to me as though you have the old version of the model.I noticed some texturing issues when i did the buddy hale scheme so i had to post a new version of the pyuthon to fix these problems,If you go to the swap pages and download the new version it should fix these texturing issues.Looking good though so far.

inky00 said:
Fangar,it looks to me as though you have the old version of the model.I noticed some texturing issues when i did the buddy hale scheme so i had to post a new version of the pyuthon to fix these problems,If you go to the swap pages and download the new version it should fix these texturing issues.Looking good though so far.

Inky. Thanks I will try that right now.

Fangar

Inky,

I think I already had that same version...

The issue is still there. Is that anything you can adjust?

Here are some more photos. Seems to be at the Canapy and again near the Rudder, Vertical Stab.

Cheers,

Fangar

Attachments

• qq1.jpg
    qq1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 22
  • qq2.jpg
    qq2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 21
Fangar,because i cant update the EA.g3x file on the swap pages without getting everyone to delete there uploaded variants and colourschemes,i think it would be easier if you send me a copy of your scheme and i can make a whole new EA.g3x for the QQ version as the QQ version is shorter than the real one,the wing tips have been rounded and the tail has been made lower to make it better for f3a and 3d.I can then adjust the 3d model to represent the QQ version more closely and post it as a seperate file.Check your PM's as i have sent you my email address so you can send me your scheme.

inky00 said:
Fangar,because i cant update the EA.g3x file on the swap pages without getting everyone to delete there uploaded variants and colourschemes,i think it would be easier if you send me a copy of your scheme and i can make a whole new EA.g3x for the QQ version as the QQ version is shorter than the real one,the wing tips have been rounded and the tail has been made lower to make it better for f3a and 3d.I can then adjust the 3d model to represent the QQ version more closely and post it as a seperate file.Check your PM's as i have sent you my email address so you can send me your scheme.

Will do.

Fangar

Anyone have any photos of this plane?

I downloaded the video and created some stills from that, but I don't quite have all the angles I need. I think I have it close enough though.

Also, Inky... There is no way to address the bottom section of the top wing by itself. It wraps a portion of the top wing around it. Is that also something we can fix?

Cheers,

Fangar

Fangar said:
Inky... There is no way to address the bottom section of the top wing by itself. It wraps a portion of the top wing around it. Is that also something we can fix?

Cheers,

Fangar
Yes,because i am going to make a seperate model for the QQ version to more closely represent the real QQ version(shorter fuselage,lower tail planes,rounded wing tips etc)I can retexture the whole plane so if you make a seperate texture for the top and bottom of both wings i can do them seperately.

Fangar said:
Anyone have any photos of this plane?

Cheers,

Fangar
This is the only pic of it i have but i will look for more and let you know.

Attachments

• QQ_Python.jpg
    QQ_Python.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 24
Thanks Inky. The one showing the top of thw wing helps. I have the others from QQ's site. More to come. I will email you what I have soon. As for the bottom side of the top wing... It is just a varient of the bottom wing. Should be easy. I will create a second wing in a seperate .TGA file and send that to you as well.

This is a really great plane by the way. I for one appreciate all of the hard work you put into it and your willingness to adjust the mesh to work with the QQ scheme.

Cheers,

Fangar

The scheme is very similar to the bypyak with the red and white stripes on the bottom of the wings and the horizontal stabiliser.

QQ python nearing completion.Just a couple more logos and she's done

Attachments

• python render.jpg
    python render.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 19
  • python render2.jpg
    python render2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
All Done and available from the swap pages.I hope you all like it and please feel free to tweak the flight model and post the variants.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1169334770.jpg
    ScreenShot1169334770.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot1169335069.jpg
    ScreenShot1169335069.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 17
  • ScreenShot1169300809.jpg
    ScreenShot1169300809.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 17
Back