Quality control REALLY needs to be stepped up

R

Roamer

Well, I just got back from my favorite hobby store with a brand new copy of RFD G2 w/interface. I was set to try it out with my transmitter. Until I tried to install it and found the nice "RealFlight Deluxe G2 Upgrade" sticker on the CD case instead of a serial number!

Of course, it is Friday night at 6:00pm. I called my hobby store and talked to Stan. I bought the last copy of RFD G2 they had in the store. I sent email to the software support folks. Automated response (yes, I replied to it). I tried called help support. I quickly discovered that they have the WORSE voice mail system that I have EVERY encountered. Bar NONE!

So, it looks like it will be Monday before I even get any kind of word on my serial number. How fun. Yes, I could take the program back to my hobby store and get a refund than go get it at another local hobby store (there are at least 3 other hobby stores in my area that carry it), but Stan and his employee's have always tried there best to take care of me, so my money stays with them. I do have to admit, I was kind of disappointed when I first found the forum and saw how many people were having trouble just installing the thing. When will they learn that that kind of agressive copy protection doesn't stop the pirates, but it DOES piss off legitimate customers? Never would be my guess.

Ok. End of rant.

--Roamer

Roamer,

The good news is once you get past all the install nonsense, G2 is GRRRRREAT!

There are some things you can do in the meantime to help your install of G2 go smoothly once you get a valid S/N:
1. Update your video card driver
2. Update your sound card driver
3. Install DirectX 8.1

Then, after you install G2, upgrade to the latest version (2.00.386) from the G2 control panel before you do anything else. If you do these things, you will avoid most of the problems listed on this site.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Once you get it up and running come back to the chat area here for some multiplayer flying.

Carl

Bill Gates did it, he did i watched him do it

My System:
Abit BX133R (mainbord)
2 15gig 7200 IBMs in RAID!
P3 1gig at default :(
256 megs Mushkin
GF2 GTS
SBlive platnum
3Com nic, cable
24X10X40 lite-on
NewQ gold