Question on remapping a model from realflight?

petetp

I am not sure what file to import into 3DsMax?
How can I export an exisisting model from RealFlight (6.5) and get it into a version of 3DsMax so I can create a new and better organized texture map for a craft?
Is the 3DsMax12 version requirement still needed for this?

You will need to get the original files from the creator of the model. You can't go from realflight to 3dsmax, only 3dsmax to realflight with the max exporter.

Another option is for you to create the model yourself. Do the mapping, pivots, colorscheme, and physics. There's plenty of help here, you will need a very old version of 3dsmax 2012 32bit or an older version of Blender.

That's the only options. Yes you still need the old version of 3dsmax. We do expect a new exporter though after RealFlight 8 is released.

I wonder when RF8 will be released (or even heard of) ...

It's was mentioned when RealFlight Drone came out that it wasn't the next version of RealFlight. Realflight has had a pretty reliable release schedule of always releasing a new version of RealFlight in October of every year. This past October we got Drone edition. It's possible that we would have to wait until this October to get a new version of RealFlight. If it's taking this long we hope that it will be thoroughly updated the developer's also said that we would get a new exporter after the release of the next version of RealFlight which would be the eighth edition.

Thank you! (Even though I already knew everything but this part of speculation)

It's possible that we would have to wait until this October to get a new version of RealFlight.

When I said heard of I meant a release date. I guess I just was not clear enough.

I had assumed that this might be the answer.
I still have my older versions of MAX. All of my PC's are 64 bit. I'm not sure about installing a 32 bit version on to Windows 10?
Thank you for your response.

It will work fine with Windows 10 64bit. You need 3dsmax 2012 32bit for the current exporter to work properly.

Back