R/C Battery + dead car battery= :-)

Griffindor

Ok I just did the most amazing thing ever. We accidentally left a car light on for a few days. So when my dad goes out to move the car to a different spot, the car won't turn on. We have a hybrid so you need electricity to turn the car on. We did a few soders and we have a connenctor for the R/C battery and the car battery. We plug the connentor to the fuse and my dad goes inside and starts it up. IT WORKED. Just thought I'd say that. It was the most exicting time of my lifeg. (Well flying R/C for the first time was the most exciting time but...) :eek:

Griffindor said:
Just thought I'd say that. It was the most exicting time of my lifeg. (Well flying R/C for the first time was the most exciting time but...) :eek:

You should think about getting out more. :rolleyes:

I'm not quite understanding...

Are you saying that you jump started the car with an RC battery?

I think what he is trying to say is that, the R/C battery enabled the circuit so that the high voltage battery could start the engine. That is what I interpreted from the post anyway. I could be wrong, I don't speak fluent 'teen speak'. :D

Jimmy Newton said:
I think what he is trying to say is that, the R/C battery enabled the circuit so that the high voltage battery could start the engine. That is what I interpreted from the post anyway. I could be wrong, I don't speak fluent 'teen speak'. :D
yes you are right. And that isn't teen speak. I'm not a teen yet. :) I don't ever wan't to be a snotty fashion addicted teen.

Griffindor said:
And that isn't teen speak. I'm not a teen yet. :) I don't ever wan't to be a snotty fashion addicted teen.

So even worse, you are a 'tween'. I was only 15 when I started posting here. I hope to God that I was never like any of the little kids around here now.

Zelatio said:
So even worse, you are a 'tween'. I was only 15 when I started posting here. I hope to God that I was never like any of the little kids around here now.

Hey we're not all bad. :rolleyes:

Josh 0987 said:
Sigh.... The 1st post was very clear, I don't understand how someone can't read it :rolleyes:

You must speak the same language then... and it's not quite English from what I can see.

This "speak" is very dissimilar to the myriad of years of English and English Lit, I had in schools and colleges.

e.g.

"the car won't turn on. We have a hybrid so you need electricity to turn the car on."

As with all cars... at least this is clear.

"We did a few soders "

What's a "soder"? A shot of beer with whisky? :D

"and we have a connenctor for the R/C battery"

If used in the same sentence, what does this have to do with "soders"?
How do these interelate? ( as any grade school teacher would point out... )

" and the car battery. "

So what is the relevance of the car battery connector to the R/C connector, coupled with the shots of beer?

"We plug the connentor to the fuse"

Which connector? What is the connector, connected to?

" and my dad goes inside"

Inside where? The house? The engine?

" and starts it up. "

What is "IT"?

"IT WORKED. "

What worked, the "soder"? etc...

And HOW did it work?

The original post was not logically worded, hence the lack of clarity.

Instant "D" in any good school...

connenctor... soder, r u serious? any1 can figure out wat he is tryin 2 say...

u kno wat i am goin 2 speak like this more often

and as far as i kno this is not a english class

Last edited:
opjose said:
You must speak the same language then... and it's not quite English from what I can see.

This "speak" is very dissimilar to the myriad of years of English and English Lit, I had in schools and colleges.

e.g.

"the car won't turn on. We have a hybrid so you need electricity to turn the car on."

As with all cars... at least this is clear.

"We did a few soders "

What's a "soder"? A shot of beer with whisky? :D

"and we have a connenctor for the R/C battery"

If used in the same sentence, what does this have to do with "soders"?
How do these interelate? ( as any grade school teacher would point out... )

" and the car battery. "

So what is the relevance of the car battery connector to the R/C connector, coupled with the shots of beer?

"We plug the connentor to the fuse"

Which connector? What is the connector, connected to?

" and my dad goes inside"

Inside where? The house? The engine?

" and starts it up. "

What is "IT"?

"IT WORKED. "

What worked, the "soder"? etc...

And HOW did it work?

The original post was not logically worded, hence the lack of clarity.

Instant "D" in any good school...
shot of beer... he he he

a more action packed version of griffs story

wait whats this bob
oh this is just in folks!!!

on the corner of oak and riverside, a quiet family loads up their car and gets ready to take a trip to st louis

but oh no...their dog doesnt want to get left alone so he hotwires the car and turns the lights

the father, unaware of this felony, trys to start the car and it wont even crank

but luckly, his faithful son has a NIMH RC AIRPLANE BATTERY (***indiana jones theme***)

he gets out the "beer shots" and makes a few connections and voila!!!!! the dogs plan is foiled

if you happen to see this fugitive dog, call crime trackers at 1-888-555-2794

this has been an alert service courtisy of your local news

apollo_13 said:
a more action packed version of griffs story

wait whats this bob
oh this is just in folks!!!

on the corner of oak and riverside, a quiet family loads up their car and gets ready to take a trip to st louis

but oh no...their dog doesnt want to get left alone so he hotwires the car and turns the lights

the father, unaware of this felony, trys to start the car and it wont even crank

but luckly, his faithful son has a NIMH RC AIRPLANE BATTERY (***indiana jones theme***)

he gets out the "beer shots" and makes a few connections and voila!!!!! the dogs plan is foiled

if you happen to see this fugitive dog, call crime trackers at 1-888-555-2794

this has been an alert service courtisy of your local news
OK! that's enough.

Back