Radial Rocket

kmot, can I use your sound profile for the upload? Never mind, you already posted it. It's mine now!! :p

@ Maj-I'm curious what your opinion is about the render changes in RF now that this project is complete and is looking so good. This is a nice model. Thanks guys.:)

I'm not liking the way the textures lose all detail and the color washes when looking at them in direct behind your back sun light
I still have not found a way to eliminate that on the CS ....yet....... if its possible??

Also I think it picks up reflective environmental colors to much........ more than seems realistic
at some angles the color is way off and there's nothing in the environment that would give the object the color casts I'm seeing sometimes (even with KE birds)

I also have noticed that in order to see the bump map , particularly on the side of an object
you need to hit them harder . and its harder to get them to look smooth
All things that I HOPE can be worked out

I think it's just unlucky that the models you have been working on are white. I agree the effect is pronounced on white but not unfixable. I think that this is more realistic to sunlit environments. Some washing out of color in direct sunlight is normal. Also the reflections should be under your complete control using the spec.
It may help your normals if you add them in the spec rgb and alpha channels. Either darkening or lightening the reflection in those areas to help the normals stand out a bit more.
No matter what the issues this CS turned out really great. I was hoping you were getting more comfortable with the changes. It's very frustrating when things get changed up from what your used to.

Maj, you may want to edit the DL page to instruct users of the 3-pos switch. This may make some folks rather frustrated off the bat if their controls are not set to the way they intend to fly.

Here's a couple more renders. I think we're ready to post. Hopefully by tomorrow.

Well it has been a while, Jeff. Guess what? Just saw on Youtube that Blackhorse Models is releasing a Radial Rocket. I am going to have to get this one. :)

BH155.jpg

Looks NICE!!

Very nice,The Rocket has always been one of the favorite aircraft that Jeffpn and I collaborated on. For Swaps
Nice to see some new plumage on that bird

Hey major, long time no hear from,how`s it hangin`, from what I found the wing span appears to be 1410 mm, which apparently equals 55.5 inches

Last edited:
Back