Radiomaster TX16S

FredWags

I tried to set up a model on my TX16S and the calabrate it and save as a new Radio with the Blank Radio Model, but the program kept locking and not responding to my mouse clicks. I had to delete my new radio. any thoughts? it works okay in 9.5S however some togle switches won't recognize in calabrating.

When using usb cable or the Usb dongle from Eflite, you can only use 8channels. Even if you have a higher channel radio. If I remember it right it is a limitation from the usb interface itself ..But I could be wrong about that . =) So you´ll notice some of your switches won´t work. The easiest way to get around this is to use the InterlinkDX as it´s " game controller" and not a radio. And it allows you to use alot more switches. It´s not a cheap solution, but it works flawlessly.. but don´t forget to get a usb hub if it´s not included if you go that route. =)

I used it on 9.5S and it worked okay. I never had it glitch and lock up the game. I realize not every switch will work. I had a profile to fly my UMX turbo Timber and another to fly the Trogan T28.

I figured out that it was because I was running EdgeTX. I switched back to OpenTX and the transmitter worked just fine on RealFlight Evolution.

Last edited:
I figured out that it was because I was running EdgeTX. I switched back to OpenTX and the transmitter worked just fine on RealFlight Evolution.
That's interesting! Have been a very long OpenTX user, thinking about moving to Edge. What versions of each did you use? I'd like to test.

That's interesting! Have been a very long OpenTX user, thinking about moving to Edge. What versions of each did you use? I'd like to test.
I use OpenTX 2.3.15 I believe and Black Pearl on EdgeTX. I also noticed on Edge my radio selects things much slower.

I just upgraded from 9.5S to Evolution and I'm using at TX16S as well with EdgeTX version 2.7.1. I didn't have any trouble setting up my transmitter via USB and it works fine. Only issue I had was I had been messing around with my simulator "model" on the TX and had changed some of the switch assignments in the mixer. Once I reset my desired switches for Safe/AS3X, landing gear, and flaps it's working great.

I just upgraded from 9.5S to Evolution and I'm using at TX16S as well with EdgeTX version 2.7.1. I didn't have any trouble setting up my transmitter via USB and it works fine. Only issue I had was I had been messing around with my simulator "model" on the TX and had changed some of the switch assignments in the mixer. Once I reset my desired switches for Safe/AS3X, landing gear, and flaps it's working great.
mine was the program itself started screwing up by being slow to react. also with EdgeTX the TX16S would react very slow to my touch.

Did you connect the transmitter directly to the PC using the USB port (with Windows recognizing the transmitter as a USB joystick), or did you go through one of the Real Flight dongles?

Edge 2.8.0 works perfectly on my Frsky X10S for RF using a usb connection. There were complaints about earlier versions being slow when using the touchscreen for normal operation, which may have also impacted use as a joystick. Many of the apparent issues with Edge turn out to be a bad SD card. If not that, try updating to the latest version.

Back