Here are the 3 views I will be using.

Attachments

• rafale_1_3v.jpg
    rafale_1_3v.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 28
  • rafale_2_3v.jpg
    rafale_2_3v.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 24
Nice pick Wingman. I considered doing this plane for a while before I ended up choosing the JAS-39C SAAB Gripen. I'll send you whatever links I have for photo references for this Jet.

Getting the nose shaped out.

Attachments

• rafale1.jpg
    rafale1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 17
  • rafale2.jpg
    rafale2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 13
Are you refering to these? I've heard them be called alot of different things
so I wasn't sure. But if so yes I am using them.

WM57

Attachments

• bulkhead.jpg
    bulkhead.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 13
Cross sections, cutaways, formers. Just never heard bulkhead so I was just making sure thats what he was talking about.

The A, B, C, D, and E really narrowed it down for me. I don't know what else he could have been talking about!

Ya those Thingys

Ya I probably should of used the term cross section scene a bulkhead is a part of the structure tat run vertical and divides an area in to sections.

I'm still use to Air Force thinking. Bulkheads position and water line position are still terms used in aircraft as well as ships.

if you need them I got them cut out all ready

Attachments

• DFB.jpg
    DFB.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 18
Nice Junkboy! I had cross sections available for the F-15, but I was too lazy to do that. Very cool way to get the model done.

Got a little work done today. Canards are mostly formed and fitted.

Attachments

• rafale4.jpg
    rafale4.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 19
Does anybody know what kind of airfoil the Rafale B takes? Ive looked around online and in my books and can't find anything.

Thanks,
WM57

I couldn't find anything online, but I have a couple books at home which might have some info. I won't get to check them out till tomorrow though.

I would say it's probably fiarly close to the F-16. I think I might have used the F-16 airfoil on my JAS-39C SAAB Gripen EA, or I went with something close. The Gripen probably has a good match for the Rafale wings at any rate.

Thanks Matt, I'll experiment with the F-16 foil and also take a look at the gripen's. See if I can come up with anything.

I'm trying out a new stradegy here. I started from the wingtips, and kept extruding to get the shape of the wing. I then dupilicated the wing and got it aligned on the other side. I then bridged the two halfes and started shaping it to the drawings. Later I will bridge the nose and the body together and shape that out also, I think this way will make it alot easier to model the intakes.

WM57

Attachments

• rafale5.jpg
    rafale5.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Rafale6.jpg
    Rafale6.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 34
Back