Raven vs R/C plane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying Mad.

I don't know what happened here... we fly all the time with ravens, hawks and eagles... if we don't bother them, they don't bother us.

If you go chasing them, they can take your plane out in a second. So, I suspect this pilot did something to piss off the bird. I sure hope that we do not see a bunch of these videos.

Wow! I've never seen a raven or crow go after anyones plane before. I've had a hawk go after 3 different planes of mine and it was totally unprovoked. It was just letting my plane know it was in his newly claimed territory. You just fly a little aggressive when it gets close and it won't make contact. I did my E-Flite Sukhoi 480 maiden flight with it attacking my plane. My video is on youtube to back up my story too. :)

I've had small Sparrows attack my .40 to .90 size planes, and they've even gone after my Giant Scale planes once in a while.

For some reason they seem to particularly HATE my Big Stik .60...

It must be that in a good headwind I'll glide it around much like a big predatory bird.

I've had two and three Sparrows rise up and attack it at the same time!

I have elevator repairs on it that attest to this. :eek:

A couple years ago we were living in our camper. We packed everything up, and went on vacation, with our trailer. My wife did not want to get her hummingbird feeder out at the new campground, because we'd only be there for 3 days. I got my Blade CX2 out (with the stock red fuselage), and flew it at my campsite. Within just a couple minutes, hummingbirds were attacking it. They must have thought it was the mothership.

I've had hawks and a couple pelicans mess with my gliders when up in the mountains or at the beach sloping.

I have had yellow jackets attack us when starting up two stokes at the field in Half Moon Bay. They also went after the lawn mower though in the summer time.

That raven was pretty persistent.

I chased what appeared to be a vulture, in the distance, with my obnoxious stryker. I flew back to the field, it followed, and it looked like a bald eagle when it got close enough.

It would have made short work of the stryker, if it wanted.

He departed after I landed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back