re: Mac Compatibility

Buzzmonkey

re: Mac Compatibility

Hi all, I'm wondering if this software is compatible with mac? or if not is there a mac version in the pipeline?
There were some older threads from years ago saying you could only run it with pc emulator (bootcamp) etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

I know of a customer who is using parallels but I'm not sure what sort of framerate he gets. Bootcamp is the most common solution.

Jim

RF on Mac

Use the Bootcamp application on your Intel Mac (it must be Intel) with OS 10.4 or later. You will also need to load a working version of either Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 as well as Real Flight. Make sure that your Mac meets the RF requirements for processor speed, memory, and disk space. Macs are generally made with higher quality and higher speed internal components than is the typical PC so RF runs almost flawlessly on a properly set up Mac. I have every graphics option turned on and set at or near the highest level on my very old Mac Pro and I typically get between 80 and 100 frames per second. No need for Parallels or any other virtual machine since Bootcamp is already part of the Mac OS. Just make sure that you use a Windows version that can run RF properly.

The only simulators that I know of that are written for Macs are the Aerofly simulators. Aerofly Pro Deluxe (available from Tower Hobbies) and Aerofly 5 run very well on Macs which have adequate resources but they don't have all of the features that RF has and they're put out by a German company. Most of the posts on their forums are in German.

VMWare Fusion?

Hello folks,

Will RealFlight G5.5 work on VMWare Fusion as virtual machine with Windows 7 guest?

Thanks,
Sword7

Bootcamp is the way to go

In order to use VMWare or Parallels you need a Windows OS anyway. Just activate Bootcamp (get help from Apple, if you need it) and install the Windows OS. RF will run just as it would on a PC and you can get tech support if you have problems. RF runs better on my Mac with Bootcamp than it ever did on my PC.

Back