Real Flight 6 full screen mode not full screen

skykingstlmo

I have upgraded from RF4.5, 5, 5.5 and now to 6. I have a wide screen monitor just for the flight simulator. In previous versions the full screen mode would fill the entire screen. Now, in RF6 it only fills part of the screen with a black area on each side. Regular screen mode fills the entire screen side-to-side, but not full screen mode. All previous versions worked correctly on this same computer.

This seems to be a bug.
--Skykingstlmo

System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 560 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DX Version: DirectX 11
CD-ROM (?:\) ASUS DRW-2014S1T ATA Device (?)
CD-ROM (?:\) SONY CD-RW CRX230E ATA Device (?)
Installed in: C:\Program Files\RealFlight6
Free Disk Space (C:\): 43447 mb free
Launcher Version: 1.00.011
LauncherHelper Version: 1.00.018
RealFlight version: 6.00.021

Yup. Hit Alt s s to access your settings, go to graphics|hardware, and adjust your resolution.

Will give that a try

Didn't know there was a separate setting for full screen. Is this new? I never had to do that in RF5.5.

In a multi-monitor setup, if you have problems with the image not being able to take up the entire range of screen realestate, you are running into a limitation of your drivers or hardware....

This is particularly apparent in "windowed" mode.

If you notice that you can put the RF window on say the left screen and drag the lower right corner to the right, but once you get beyond a certain size the sim crashes, you've run out of VRAM or driver resources.

If the problem appears in RF, it will also show up in other applications, particularly those that use large amounts of texture VRAM.

Your only recourse is as follows:

- Try updated drivers
- Lower screen resolutions on both monitors
- Use a more capable graphics adapter, or seperate cards for each monitor.

Back