Real Flight 7.5 running on Win 10

tgregg6721

I have been running R/F 7.5 on win 7 very successfully. Then win 10 was downloaded and installed without my permission. PROBLEM: my real flight won't run now, i get error messages when trying to start program.Has anyone had a similar experience? Do I need to un install and re install in 10? Any thoughts appreciated as I'm up against a deadline. I went back to win 7 for now but I'm leaving for the summer next week and the free WIN 10 upgrade stops July 29 so I either need to upgrade to 10 and figure out how to make R/F run in the next couple of days or stay permanently with 7. Thanks Gregg

RealFlight runs fine on Windows 10. What error message do you see when you try to open RealFlight? We need to know what the message says.

I am back on Win 7 now so I can't give you that right now. There are several that come up immediately. Anyway, my big question is do I need to un install and re install after the 10 upgrade? If the answer is yes I'll go back to 10 and try. I couldn't try that before because it wouldn't auto start when I put in the R/F disc and I couldn't figure out how to manually do setup under 10. Now I think I know how to do that. I'm not sure how many times I can get away with going to 10 and back to 7 before they cut me off!

I didn't have to reinstall RealFlight when my computer went from Windows 8.1 to 10 but I did have to reinstall the Directx9c that RealFlight requires to function properly. I also couldn't get the version of DirectX that comes with realflight to work on Windows 10. I downloaded the 2010 version of DirectX 9 from Microsoft. It worked and fixed my problem.

Thanks everyone. Up and running perfectly on WIN 10. The secret was loading the 2010 version of DirectX 9 Gregg

Back