Real Flight Evolution Ui

grahammouden

hello I just recently came back to this game after a year or 2 and I am wondering if there is a way to go back to the old UI I find it easier to use than the many menus in the newest version?

To always display the legacy menu, add a command to the startup.rfscript file.

I have the Steam version and my script file is located at
C:\Users\username\ ... \Documents\RealFlight Evolution\Scripts\startup.rfscript

Use a plain-text editor, such as Notepad, and add this line: showlegacymenu on

You don't need to add a line to the startup script file to always show the legacy menu. The command you enter in the console is a "toggle". So when you enter it to display the legacy menu the leagcy menu will display each time your start realflight. If you want to "turn off" the leagcy menu you enter it again in the console. So the "showlegacymenu" command toggles the display of the legacy menu.

How

What is the command line supposed to look like finished? I am a bit confused how to do this?

Here is my startup.rfscript:

// RealFlight Startup Script​
// Each line of this file will be executed by the console as a console command.​
// Use it to bind keys using the bind console command or other console related operations.​
// A line that starts with a // will be treated as a comment and ignored​
//loadaircraft [name of aircraft]​
showlegacymenu on​
showMenuNotification off​
camera_type c // c = chase​

"showMenuNotification" turns off the large messages that appear at the top of the screen.

As technoid said above, you can toggle it via the console rather than using the startup script. Once it was toggled, it showed me the legacy menu every time I started RF. Until the day it inexplicably didn't, and I had to manually toggle it again via the console. So now I include it in my startup script.

As technoid said above, you can toggle it via the console rather than using the startup script.
If I interpreted what I read above correctly, apparently the Norwegian keyboard doesn't open the console with the tilde key. Maybe whatever shifted character is to the left of the "1" key does it. I'm afraid I'm mono-lingual, so I have no idea whether the console key would change or not. Or, for that matter, whether the console commands themselves are language dependent.
OOPS. I thought this was a different thread from a different user.

Last edited:
Here is my startup.rfscript:

// RealFlight Startup Script​
// Each line of this file will be executed by the console as a console command.​
// Use it to bind keys using the bind console command or other console related operations.​
// A line that starts with a // will be treated as a comment and ignored​
//loadaircraft [name of aircraft]​
showlegacymenu on​
showMenuNotification off​
camera_type c // c = chase​

"showMenuNotification" turns off the large messages that appear at the top of the screen.

As technoid said above, you can toggle it via the console rather than using the startup script. Once it was toggled, it showed me the legacy menu every time I started RF. Until the day it inexplicably didn't, and I had to manually toggle it again via the console. So now I include it in my startup script.
I am not good with scripts. Where do I put the showlegacymenu file? I have opened all themenues and am at the startup.rfscript file. I don't know where to paste the showlegacymenu file made with the notebook.

You don't "put the showlegacy file" anywhere. You use notepad to open the "startup.rfscript" file. You insert a new line inside the existing file & save it. You might want to insert 2 lines into the startup script file as suggested by FederFlyer:

showlegacymenu on
showMenuNotification off

Next time you open RF, each command line in the startup script will execute.

Last edited:
Back