Real Flight is NO GOOD unless it has my aircraft

I see messages over and over requesting a particular aircraft and disappointment when it does not exist.

1.) If you are using this simulator to learn how to fly, it really does not make a bit of difference what you choose in a high wing trainer. Having your aircraft will not make it easier or faster. You need to spend the hours, not your money. You cannot buy this skill no matter what electronics package comes with your aircraft.

2.) A Mustang is not a beginner aircraft. Learn to fly first. This goes the same with many low wing planes. You should look for planes with upraised wingtips (dihedral). These types are much more stable for training.

3.) Swap Page aircraft are not uniform. They may fly well, or not depending on the author who has received no compensation for the effort. Concentrate on the standard aircraft shipping with Real Flight. Those aircraft are consistent and have many users.

4.) Practice Takeoffs and Landings. Learn to fly the most important aspects of flight first and thoroughly. This will pay dividends. Learn where your plane needs to be in the sky to be on the landing path.

5.) Smooth is good. When you drive, do you crank the steering wheel in huge movements? Same goes for RC Aircraft, small smooth movements of the sticks are required. Concentrate on where you want to go in the next 5 seconds, not where you are.

A Good Pilot can fly any plane. If you want to fly the real thing, fly the sim as if it were the real thing. If you just want to bomb and strafe, that is good too! Don't let me stop you. It is not the plane, it is YOU.

Could not have been said better.

The whole point of the simulator is to practice muscle memory, maneuvers, techniques, and so on without the risk of crashing your aircraft in real life without practice.

I used RealFlight to not only train/practice things before attempting them in real life (I started with RealFlight G2 back in the days at around 4/5 years old) and till now, use RealFlight for practicing Heli orientation and basic recovery controls from wrongly executed aerobatics.

The problem is people thing just because it's a simulator, it's going to simulate what their aircraft will be like. That is true to some extent however, it's just more along the lines of a psychological security.

People will and trust me, WILL download things they find interesting on the Swaps, or even fly aircrafts they shouldn't be using in the first place and I speak having done it myself, as well as seeing my friends or people who've used the sim at my place do so.. At the end, it's up to them to decide what they want to do; whether they want to actually learn to fly, or 'play' on the simulator.

But the best part of this all is the last comment - "It's not the plane, it's YOU."

Quoted and kept as that is the truest form of limitation - with the exceptional fact that aircraft are limited on what they can do, but why are you trying to hover a P-51 or do a inverted flat-spin on a PT-40..?

Very well said! Did you learn to drive on the exact same make and model of car you eventually bought, or drive now? Cars have slightly different characteristics as well but if you stick to something similar, driving practice in a Chevy should prepare you well for driving your Ford in the future. Did you try learning to drive the first time in a Lotus? :)

Practice

Perfectly stated! Vets will understand; practice how you fight! I received my RF8 yesterday. I practice flap and no flap landings for nearly two hours straight. I woke up this morning and was able to replicate my practice with my planes! THIS is why I purchased RF 8....practice!

Back