Real Flight not working on new laptop

jack10525

I bought a new windows 11 laptop and installed real flight 7.5. Real flight launches but the menu buttons at the top of the screen are greyed out. I can't calibrate the controller. This version of real flight worked fine on my previous windows 11 laptop. Not sure what to check. Horizon Hobbys is no help.

There is an issue with Intel iGPU's and older versions of Realflight. Intel dropped DX9 support which Realflight has used up until very recently. there are work arounds to make it work found in this thread,

There won't be any updates to 7.5 as it is a depreciated product, but to address the issue, but you can manually install files talked about in that thread into your RF7.5 installation and it may work for you.

Realflight Evolution uses DX11 and doesn't have the problem older versions of Realflight has so if nothing works for you, the fixes are to use a computer with an Nvidia/AMD GPU, or purchase Realflight Evolution. Your existing Interlink will work fine with it.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply. I tried the dll fix but the controller still doesn't behave well. Some of the channels are tied together ie: elevator mixes in ailerons. I'll look into RF evo. Also my laptop does not have a dedicated video card. Will Real Flight evo even work? Lenovo Yoga 7i 14" Grey TOUCH 1.7 GHz i7-1355U 16GB 512GB SSD.

Last edited:
Visit the thread (Link attached) in post number 5 you will sees a "d3d9.zip" file, click on that to download it, open the zip file, copy and paste the d3d9.dll file into the C/Program Files (x86)/Realfight7 folder.
Realflight 7.5 works perfect on my PC with the d3d9 fix.

@jack10525, it seems likely that you have encountered the DirectX 9 compatibility issue described above, though the controller weirdness is a bit perplexing. There may be two different things happening at once, and one of them may be your controller going bad. Or, maybe there's a compatibility issue with DXVK.

What controller are you using?

You asked whether Evolution will run on a computer without a discrete graphics adapter, and the answer is most likely yes. It is not very demanding unless you want to do VR.

Back