Real Flight stopped

JTUTTLE11

I get a message when trying to launch realflight that says Maximum number of instances has been reached and the program will not start. How can I reset this?

I've never seen that message. But my experience has always been that if Windows does something unexpected for no obvious reason, it will almost always work properly if I shut my PC down & reboot.

This usually means you have another window open also running Real Flight. Perhaps too fast on the button starting the program from the icon?

I've never seen that message. But my experience has always been that if Windows does something unexpected for no obvious reason, it will almost always work properly if I shut my PC down & reboot.
Already tried rebooting, even shut off power completely. Still having the same issue. When I click on the RF Launcher in the desktop it displays the message 'Maximum number of instances reached'

I'm still running RF8, so I don't have Steam. Could it be some sort of corruption in Steam rather than Windows that's causing the problem?

I'm still running RF8, so I don't have Steam. Could it be some sort of corruption in Steam rather than Windows that's causing the problem?
I'm thinking of upgrading to RF Evolution. The problem only seems to happen when I click on the RF9 launcher. I can go to the file location and start RF, but then the aircraft editor isn't working and the program crashes. I've been looking to see if I can reset the counter but found nothing in the help files. It might be my antivirus causing the problem.

Are you running RF9 or RF9s? I don't know whether 9s even has a launcher. I'm still running RF8, and as far as I can tell, it operates exactly the same way whether I use the launcher of run it directly.

Have you tried reinstalling RF? And I think I recall reading something to the effect that if you delete realflight.ini it will reset RF to defaults by recreating it next time it's run. But I could be wrong about that. If you try that, I'd suggest renaming it to something like rf.old rather than deleting it so you have a way to get it back if you need it.

Are you running RF9 or RF9s? I don't know whether 9s even has a launcher. I'm still running RF8, and as far as I can tell, it operates exactly the same way whether I use the launcher of run it directly.

Have you tried reinstalling RF? And I think I recall reading something to the effect that if you delete realflight.ini it will reset RF to defaults by recreating it next time it's run. But I could be wrong about that. If you try that, I'd suggest renaming it to something like rf.old rather than deleting it so you have a way to get it back if you need it.
I am actually running RF 9.5 It was an upgrade offered on the RF webpage for RF9 owners. I suppose a reinstall is going to be my only option.

The only time I have seen the "Maximum Number of instances Running" is when I accidently try to open RF when a copy of it is already running, for instance, I have been running RF9.5 and then I try to open Evolution, or if I accidently double click the RF icon on the taskbar, two instances will try to launch, and I get the error message.

Back