Realflight 6 Screenshots Thread

So I made a test bomber yesterday to test the limitations/breaking point of the sim regarding detachable items. This test bomber I created is under 8,000 polys with 64 individual ~CS_Bomb objects. I was able to apply the physics to 16 bombs on the initial test and have the sim run completely smooth. Today, I applied the physics on 32 bombs and it dropped the rame rate dramatically.

This plane isn't spectacular by any means. It doesn't have working retracts, or bomb bay doors and landing gear doors. It does have all control surfaces functional in physics and on the graphics.

There is also only one servo to drop all bombs at the exact same time so the physics overall are very basic. With much more complex models to be desired over this beast, I would say the cutoff point on detachable items should be 12 or below. Ideally 6 or 8 for a model's simulation characteristics to not suffer.

I have a B-1B Lancer version which drops 18 bombs, and has numerous servos and other complex things going on in the physics. Most of the time it runs fine enough, but certain points at airports cause the frame rate to really take a hit.

I would say my system is middle of the line overall as far as processor strength and grapics card.

Look at the frame rates in the navguides to compare the degredation before dropping bombs, during and after.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1321307472.jpg
    ScreenShot1321307472.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 39
  • ScreenShot1321307527.jpg
    ScreenShot1321307527.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 44
  • ScreenShot1321307581.jpg
    ScreenShot1321307581.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 35
yeah The heli I own is in the game !!!

ScreenShot1321524020.jpg

ScreenShot1321524211.jpg

ScreenShot1321524047.jpg

After a few modifications and what-not, I got rid of that dreadful visible blur disk(s). I've mapped the new pieces added to the model and it's off to the paint shop. With only 2 1/2 million rivets, I expect Maj to have this done by Monday morning.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1321758280.jpg
    ScreenShot1321758280.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 24
  • ScreenShot1321758292.jpg
    ScreenShot1321758292.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 36
td9cowboy said:
I'd even take the rivetless version by Sunday afternoon Maj. ;)

I feel so lucky that I have two versions that will have awesome CS's. The last screenshot version having the CS done by Maj and the other S-64 civilian Erickson Air Crane being done by twoeleven. Believe me, I'm just as excited to fly the finished versions in the sim as anyone else. I started the Skycrane as my second model while I was still working on the B-58 Hustler. It's been a long time coming.

phrank said:
Nice!
Will this be available for G5? :D

Phrank,

I plan on releasing a version for G5.5 and Realflight 6. I started the model originally for G5, so it deserves to be released for that version as well. I spent a lot of time on the physics for it in G5.5 and I don't want to throw away all that hard work.

It will probably be my last pre-6 version EA.

From what little I know it is well worth the wait I am sure. :)

Oh, the F-15 and B-1B are great as well enjoy the flying of them both as well as your S-64 pre release. ;)

I have become addicted to your models....... :D

Thanks Big Time..............

Deewng said:
I have become addicted to your models....... :D

Thanks Big Time..............

That is because I sprinkle them with magic pixie dust and other inorganic compounds not found in nature.

Despite the issue I'm having with Dynamic Thermals, I am finding my E-Flite Ascent feels even more realistic in Realflight 6. I own the E-Flite Ascent 450 BL PNP, which I based my 3D model from, so for anyone that might chime in and say I must not fly in real life, I will tell them they don't know what they are talking about.

I need to get more time in on the heli's in the sim, but I've never enjoyed flying helis in the sim as much as I enjoy flying them in real life. I tend to not fly them as much in the sim for this reason.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1322247744.jpg
    ScreenShot1322247744.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 47
I to had an E-flight Ascent but it was an earlier incarnation
It was an ARF that had a red transparent and opaque white Scheme with blue graphics

last time I saw it................ it was down a canyon and way up in the upper branches of a pine tree in Calif. :( ...........LOL remnants of it could very well still be there :p

Maj. Numbskully said:
I to had an E-flight Ascent but it was an earlier incarnation
It was an ARF that had a red transparent and opaque white Scheme with blue graphics

last time I saw it................ it was down a canyon and way up in the upper branches of a pine tree in Calif. :( ...........LOL remnants of it could very well still be there :p

Oh man. That really sucks. :( I love my Ascent and probably have the most flight time on it out of all my planes.

My avatar pic is actually my Ascent after the defective prop broke on a climb. The off balance ripped the firewall out with the motor and wires hanging out the front. The violent action also caused my elevator control horn to pop out of the elevator, which I suspect was due to a faulty glue job at the factory. It nose dived into the ground from about 150 feet in the air.

The fuselage cut the ESC wires to my motor which was dangling out the front. There were a few cracks in the fiberglass fuselage, but all the wings were un-dammaged somehow. I used hobby-ply, epoxy and milled fiberglass (all of which I had lying around) and it basically cost nothing to repair. I can't say I've ever had a heli crash that cheap.

If I had extra cash I would buy you another, just because I love that plane that much.

I was able to place the gnome up on the sign at Joes Garage tonight. I got the shot but he won't sit there long. The two collision meshes seem to react to one another. I'm going to try it with another object just for kicks. This is pretty tricky to pull off. Great entertainment though. No gnomes were harmed while making this shot :)

Attachments

• ScreenShot1322558138.jpg
    ScreenShot1322558138.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 39
Thanks for the tools Jeff, the perfect stress reliever. There are a couple of options here. I can pick you up and drop you on your head or just mash you with the anvil. I may even add a dumpster so you can do a little dumpster diving. LOL

Attachments

• ScreenShot1323430274.jpg
    ScreenShot1323430274.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 27
  • ScreenShot1323430165.jpg
    ScreenShot1323430165.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 38
Here's my favorite :eek: :D Jeff, let me know if you are experiencing any unusual discomfort this afternoon, I'll ease up on the punch outs a little. :D

Attachments

• ScreenShot1323432260.jpg
    ScreenShot1323432260.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
That can all be done at a photofield, too. Import the airport I made. This will make the objects available in any airport. Then set up your own. SOMEBODY totally missed the point of my airport. I set the anvil 200 feet directly over my head. Then when the scene is reset, you'll see the anvil smash into me. That can be set up at a photofield, too.

Back