Realflight 6 upgrade DVD slow to load?

gbidwell

Is it just my computer or does the realflight 6 uphrase DVD take ages just to make it to the autorun screen? Took over a minute and the DVD drive was making unusual noises. Finally did load but gee, thought i had a bung disc. Going to save the files on a hard drive just incase.

Also I Just reinstalled windows xp on my computer ( old OS, but the computer is only 3 years old ... Intel duo 2 2.66ghz, 3GB of RAM, 1GB nvidia 9500GT graphics card) and I was wondering whether I had to reinstall realflight G5.5 first for validation purposes?

Sweet. I always thought there was a link between the DVD serial number and the controllers serial number. Obviously there isn't.

Did you find the DVD slow or is it just me?

The DVD loaded just fine for me. But I may not be the best person to ask. I downloaded RF6 and burned my own copy. Try the DVD in another computer.

Just did, worked a little fastest than at home. I'm at work now and the computer here in very recent, running windows 7. Tansfered all the files to my hard drive to fix the issue.

Oh man, I didn't know you could download RF6? I was waiting for it to come in stock at tower hobbies so I could purchase the helicopter mega pack and RF6 . :mad: Would have downloaded for sure...next time.

Do you have the download link for future reference?

Last edited:
well they probably dont know you contribute so much to realflight. :)

Cant wait to give RF6 a go...comparison to G5.5?

It's a no-brainer if you're into helis. The physics are vastly improved. I think the physics on fixed wing aircraft are good, too. The grapple feature is a hoot! It'll sharpen your hovering skills. New airports, new aircraft, just fifty bucks. Get it!!

The meaning was an inside one ,but before 6 came out I stated that $50 was not a bad price for this hobby. Jeff then PMed me to say that it was insensitive of me to assume people could afford the price and that I may offend people with that statement. I said I meant it comparatively for the RC hobby. He understood and that was that. Now he made a statement that is what he thought I was saying before. "just fifty bucks. Get it!!"

I have RF6 now and mine took an age to autorun and made the diskdrive make all sorts of noises,i think it might have something to do with it being a duel layer dvd.

inky00 said:
I have RF6 now and mine took an age to autorun and made the diskdrive make all sorts of noises,i think it might have something to do with it being a duel layer dvd.

Good to know I'm not the only one.
Update on the sim: LOVE IT. Feels way more realistic, autos are no longer so floaty for small helis and the default wind settings are no longer crazy turbulent like in g5.5.

Back