Realflight 7.5 on Windows 11 Laptop

Skyking917

I know this has been a topic of discussion for some time but I guess I am still hoping. I see some things to try but they do not seem to apply to my configuration from what I have seen so far.
I have an Asus laptop running Windows 11 Home and Realflight 7.5. It has an nvidia GeForce RTX 3050ti GPU. Has anyone come up with a way to make that work yet e.g. greyed out menu bar/inoperative transmitter? A Realflight rep told me a long time ago when I reported it to them shortly after purchasing my new computer to buy a newer version of Realflight which I do not want to do. I was hoping Microsoft would come out with an update that would fix it but nothing yet if ever???? Seems to me Microsoft should not bring out a new version of system software that just obsoletes other companies software. I think they usually make their system software backwards compatible but apparently not this time. Any step by step instructions to get it working again would be great. Thanks.

I had to set the video card (Intel or nVidia) on a per-program basis in Windows on my Asus laptop. If the Control Panel won't let you do the above because it says "Windows is controlling the graphics settings", see this post.

Open the Nvidia control panel and make sure your computer is using the Nvidia card.

View attachment 137762
Thanks, I tried this yesterday based on a previous post and this method did not work for me. Still hoping for a fix. For now I am not upgrading my windows 11 ready desktop that is running windows 10 so I can still have some access to realflight.

Open the Nvidia control panel, click on "Manage 3D Settings", now look in the right-side panel and click on "Program Settings", select "Add" scroll down the list to find and select Realflight 7, then hit the "Add Selected Program" icon, (that will force Steam to use the RTX3050 for RF9).
You may need to reboot your PC to apply the settings.

Back