Realflight 7 Transmitter interface

I think that this cord is the one that you need to plug into the Interlink...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBEK8&P=7

Cant tell from the description, what the pinout, on that round plug is. :confused: Im guessing 6 pin!:(
Be careful, The FPT7FG/K AM, owners manual, appears to show, a "5 pin", DIN connector, trainer port. (NOT 6 PIN) The original buddy box, connector cord, part, was,
Futaba "M-TC"
Besides the number of pins, the locations, are different.(non McGyverable;))

Last edited:
Nothing is Non-McGwyverable! :D By definition, that is impossible... :D
I am holding one of the old 6 pin round connectors (it came w/Real Flight 4.5)... I don't know about his old transmitter (worth $1). I think this project has very limited value, and spending would be better on a new transmitter.

Besides the number of pins, the locations, are different.(non McGyverable;))

Last edited:
Futaba AM NOT COMPATIBLE WITH REALFLIGHT

After doing some research. Findings show (old) Futaba "AM" radios are not compatible with RealFlight.(even though PPM is present in AM)(pin 1, PPM Out, outer ring, ground:confused:) The reasoning:
Contact with Futaba, Yielded the response; Thank you for contacting product support. Unfortunately, the pinouts, are proprietary information, that Futaba does not publish.
They did refer me to a Radio Repair shop, Who told me; regarding a Futaba FP-T7FG/K, AM transmitter, with round 5 pin (180 deg.) DIN trainer port.:
The big problem is that, this transmitter has 1.3 µs neutral, which makes it unusable for any SIM, including RealFlight. He needs to find the FM version which is 1.5 µs which is the standard for today, or better yet, just purchase a new radio.
Note: µs = microsecond = millionths of a second = .000001 second
1.3 µs, WAS the neutral setting, that the transmitters were configured for. Years ago, most manufacturers used their own designs and set the main neutral of the TX at whatever they liked. Today, all manufacturers us 1.5 µs for this. All ESC's and electronics are designed around this, so this makes them compatible with all systems.
Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
I am new to the forum and have read most all the comments above. Just want to say that I have a ttx650 and it works great with the wireless version of 7.5. There is a tech note on real flights web site that requires you to download an additional app that you run. You will need to download and run a new RealFlight Launcher that will successfully read the correct serial number from the wireless interface.

setup.exe - Download this file and save it to a location you can easily find.

Administrator access is required to run this setup.exe file. You may see the following User Account Control window appear asking for permission to run the file. Please click "Yes".I ran this and then picked the tactic advanced radio in realflight and then was able to calibrate it. Hope this helps

Wireless & Taranis

I'm a newbie too, and bought the wireless version assuming it would work with my Taranis X9D. Insufficient research on my part I suppose.

I bought it on Amazon so, having read this thread, I already have it in the box ready to go back... and order the interlink controller edition.

Someone on another forum suggested this adapter as a possibility:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#customerReviews

But it gets pretty crumby reviews, and sounds like I might be entering another technical minefield.

I've learned a tremendous amount about this complex and interesting hobby in the last month, but I'm sorta wanting to fly (at least a simulator, so I don't keep having to replace blades on my quad).

Anyone disagree that the return/exchange isn't the best way to go for me?

Thanks.

I'm wondering if any of you guys can give me a little guidance here. I Have RF 7.5 wireless SLT version. I have it all installed with no issues, but I can not get my Hitec Aurora 9X to bind with the USB plug. I have the radio set to SLT, then open RF and go to Simulation>Select Controller>Bind. Nothing happens. No matter what order I do things in its just a dead end. Anyone have any ideas?

My radio is a Graupner MX-20, and has a simple 3.5mm jack for the trainer port. Works fine.
But will it work with the wired interface? I'm on mode 3- left handed.

Back