RealFlight 8 giveaway for content creators

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
With the introduction of FBX support in RealFlight 8, the pipeline for creating custom models is once again wide open! As many of you know, technical limitations have prevented most people from making custom models in recent years. That is happily no longer the case.

A handful of people have continued creating and sharing new vehicles. To say "Thank you!" and hopefully encourage more of the same, we are giving RealFlight 8 to everyone who uploaded an EA in 2017:
  • technoid
  • legoman
  • Smarvin
  • Fly_electric
technoid deserves special recognition for creating 21 out of the 26 new models. :)

If your name is on that list, please watch for a PM from me about your copy of RF8! These will be digital copies, delivered specially. They will work with your existing InterLink controllers.

Thank you for keeping things going and sharing your work with your fellow users!

Last edited:
Thank you very much I really appreciate it. I already have three models in work for RF-8 that are beyond the 27k RF 7.5 limit but I haven't been able to export them and test them out, but now I can finish them and get them uploaded. Thanks again for the great gift I'll be watching out for the RF-8 Swap Page.

Thanks Ryan. Now to wait till tomorrow when the downloads finish on my "wooden" internet connection

Ryan,

I appreciate the offer!
But I had pre-ordered RF8, so I'm too late to take advantage of your generosity.

It arrived in the mail today. Appropriately, of the large storage boxes the P.O. provides, it was in #1!..

Ryan,

I appreciate the offer!
But I had pre-ordered RF8, so I'm too late to take advantage of your generosity.

It arrived in the mail today. Appropriately, of the large storage boxes the P.O. provides, it was in #1!..

I`ll take it off your hands FE ....;) (based on a previous offer)

VERY COOL !!! Congratulations to all. I enjoy helping test these but it's nothing compared to the effort of the creators, especially technoid. If I could I'd give him my $20 off certificate as well.

Ryan.. I just imported one of the planes I'm working on for RF-8 the Radial Racer with my new 7 Cylinder Radial on it and I have a question. Has the rendering changed some, as in the levels in the Spec Map seem to be different between RF 7.5 and RF 8 the plane seems to have more gloss. Right now the Spec Map file is only 24 bits so I don't have an Alpha layer. Does that cause a different generic shift in lighting than in RF 7.5. I'm looking for what I need to adjust to get the same lighting that I had in RF 7.5. I haven't had time to play with it yet I just got it going and need to take my wife out for glasses so I can't work on it again till I get back. But this is just a generic question so I know better what to do (if you have any input that is). Thanks for any help you can give with the limited info I'm including.

EDIT: It may have something to do with the fact I often use baked on colors for the engine parts and the landing gear struts, wheels, and wheel collars.

FIXED THE PROBLEM - OPPs I forgot to make sure that 'normal mapping' was turned 'on' in the graphics options... Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Did you get a downloadable version?

It wasn't a downloadable version it was a special DVD version for the content creators you can do the same thing with the DVD you purchase, create an ISO file from the DVD and install it from a USB flash drive. But I understand there's a delay between buying it in the US and in Sweden which is why you might be asking about it.

Last edited:
Back