Realflight 8 Wish list... New features & return of old ones too

Orignally posted on 6 -25-14

Hi all,

I have a feature request (or revision) which I hope isn't too hard to implement. It would really make multiplayer more enjoyable.

Add a Global Button for the room... Mute Other Pilot's Aircraft Sounds

- Voicechat would be unaffected. (Still could use the existing Mute for individual pilots)
- You could still Hide an individual pilot.
- Another property of this Global feature could be... you would hear only the sounds of the aircraft your camera is on... so if you switch your view to a given pilot... you would hear only his sounds.

This way, you could hear your own aircraft which is important in real flying. Voice chat would become much more understandable without a room full of engines & rotors. And you could still see all the other pilots flying!

The problem with the sound reduction and it's percentages is that it reduces your own aircraft sounds along with all others... so if you're drowned out at 8%, you're still drowned out at 40%. And yes, the Hide button works but why join a room if you end up with all the other pilots hidden?

AND if that were done... then the heli-collective sounds which have been gone since g6 could be brought back! I suppose this was done because many pilots just throw the left stick down to park... which is a terrible habit for helis. It leaves the heli running full bore at negative pitch trying to fly through the ground to China and making an awful racket right at the spawn point under the camera. So it seems KE's solution was to remove our collective sounds. :(

Originally posted on 7-26-14

Here's another new feature which might be helpful.

I've read that most FBL controllers have a feature called Paddle Simulation which simulates the 'feel' of a flybar helicopter.
As some of you know, I'm a dinosaur... I'm sticking with Flybar helis because I just don't care for the feel of FBL. It seems slow to respond and throws my piro moves off.
It would be great if Realflight would incorporate that as an option to be toggled on & off... like Piro Compensation. It might help Dinos like me decide if it's something we'd like to try in real life.

Originally posted on 8-31-13

I really miss a few features from previous versions that were removed for g6.5 onward. How about you?

1) In the g5.5 gyro, there used to be a setting called "Acceleration rate". It controlled how fast the heli would reverse from full rudder one direction to full rudder opposite direction. Smaller helis usually are slower reversing than larger ones. Now that setting is gone and all helis reverse instantly.
Is there some way I can adjust this to have just a little delay for my smaller helis?

2) The ability to toggle collisions on & off.

3) The old events were all replaced with combat events... Limbo, autorotation, etc. Isn't "and" better than "or" ?

4) Rotor collective sounds. I won't go into detail because it's been discussed elswhere... just sayin' they were good once and could be again.
*NOTE: Were the collective sounds removed because some (thoughtless newbs) park their helis under the camera at full throttle & neg collective? Was eliminating the collective sound intended as a fix? If so, why not just have a feature that engages throttle hold & ghost mode after a few seconds of inactivity? Maybe with an accompanying console message like "Please toggle Throttle Hold to re-engage Throttle" ?

Note: The RF FBL can be configured to fly like anything. Neutral FBL, paddlesim for smack, drifty like a FB head.

Things I would like to see

• rc radial engine sound
  • rc flat 4 engine sound 2-stroke and/or 4-stroke
  • no editor upper limit. Lower limits tend to break stuff: negative lengths, weights, engine torques, etc. I think zero blades on a prop but I am not sure. One blade props and 7+ blade work correctly in rf7 and up.
  • propeller physics editor
  • "AV'ing" stock propellers
  • multiple propellers per engine
  • selecting whether you want the prop RPM or the engine RPM to play the sound
  • electronics component able to get the rate of change of a servo with respect to time (derivative)
  • electronics component able to take the sum of a servo's out put with respect to time (Integral)
  • electronics component altitude sensor

The ability to make custom airport objects from stock realflight aircraft, also the ability to watch your recordings from different camera positions.

The ability to select objects when editing airports with one click in order to move objects (drag and drop support)

The ability to select objects when editing airports with one click in order to move objects (drag and drop support)

Not to argue, but I believe that you can already do that... you can drag and drop in the overhead plan view and adjust elevation in the grid.

This is standard operating procedure for KE. They do not pre-announce new features and changes to the software. This is the way that they have always operated. That is why we are expecting a new release because this follows their pattern of prior years. They have not said anything so far about a new version. Some times we find the new version on the Tower Hobby website before anything is said here.

They do take note of user requests, so it is always good to make suggestions for improving the software.

Why had knife Edge been so quiet about RF 8.0?

Multi-Rotor Flying Modes

I would like to see the addition of the DJI 1.) intelligent orientation mode, 2.) Home Orientation, and 3.) Return to Home.

Intelligent Orientation.... the right stick always moves the aircraft in the orientation that it was initialized. for example if the MR initialized facing north... right stick pushed away will always move north... same with the other stick movements no matter what direction the aircraft is rotated.

Home Orientation... the pilot is always the center... pulling stick will always move the aircraft back to the pilot... right stick always moves in the right direction with the pilot in the center of the circle.... however, when the aircraft is less than 90 feet away... the home orientation mode does not work... and gives screwy results.

Return to home does exactly that... from where ever the aircraft is... the MR moves up about 30feet and comes back to the initial start point and lands. It is possible to cancel the RTH function by toggling out of the function.

These would help new MR pilots.

I would also like to be able to fly off of snow. Even if it is limited to a 10 mi x 10 mi map with varying terrain. So you can have some amount of differences between 3 or more airports similar to the archipelago but with a little more variety, (as far as the terrain that is under the water). I mean rain, snow, and fireflys is all ready in the ini, there just not used.

Attachments

• snow rain and fireflys proof.jpg
    snow rain and fireflys proof.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 11
I would like to see the addition of the DJI 1.) intelligent orientation mode, 2.) Home Orientation, and 3.) Return to Home.

Intelligent Orientation.... the right stick always moves the aircraft in the orientation that it was initialized. for example if the MR initialized facing north... right stick pushed away will always move north... same with the other stick movements no matter what direction the aircraft is rotated.

Home Orientation... the pilot is always the center... pulling stick will always move the aircraft back to the pilot... right stick always moves in the right direction with the pilot in the center of the circle.... however, when the aircraft is less than 90 feet away... the home orientation mode does not work... and gives screwy results.

Return to home does exactly that... from where ever the aircraft is... the MR moves up about 30feet and comes back to the initial start point and lands. It is possible to cancel the RTH function by toggling out of the function.

These would help new MR pilots.

Thanks for the suggestions. #3 is actually one of the six flight modes already available in 7.5! Only one stock aircraft is set up to use it: Hexacopter 780 (GPS Modes). But you can select it for any other model via the editor.

I think a sticky post about the available modes would be helpful to a lot of people. I'll see if I can whip one up sometime soon.

We added #1 in the soon-to-be-released RealFlight Drone simulator. But I don't know if I can talk about that yet.

Ability to set reference Numbers

I was thinking of a small change to the Nav Guide window. What I would like to be able to do is change the color of the text conditionally. For example have the AGL set to the color yellow, with the condition set that the color will change to Red if AGL is greater than 350. Another example would be to have the Battery Remaining set to the color green, with the condition to go red when the capacity left is less than 30%. It would be great if the conditions could be ( X greater than C, X less than C, X greater or less than c {+ or - 12}) I am pretty sure you have the idea what I mean. I guess that conditions close to those you can set in MS Excels conditional formatting would be a good fit. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Michael

:D

I was thinking of a small change to the Nav Guide window. What I would like to be able to do is change the color of the text conditionally. For example have the AGL set to the color yellow, with the condition set that the color will change to Red if AGL is greater than 350. Another example would be to have the Battery Remaining set to the color green, with the condition to go red when the capacity left is less than 30%. It would be great if the conditions could be ( X greater than C, X less than C, X greater or less than c {+ or - 12}) I am pretty sure you have the idea what I mean. I guess that conditions close to those you can set in MS Excels conditional formatting would be a good fit. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Michael

:D

It used to be: In G4.5, In The "Edit NavGuides" Window, there was an "Advanced Options" section. In it, there were Options To:
1) Set the "BASE" (user selectable) color. For each individual selection.
2) "Show Selections" Only When, Value is Between: xxxx and xxxx
3) Change Color, When Value is Between: xxxx and xxxx
4) Change Color TO (user selectable) Color when conditions in 3 above are met.
I came directly from 4.0-4.5, to 7.0-7.5, so, I'm not sure when, the NavGuides Advanced Options were lost. I miss them!
Something I, used to monitor, was G Force "Breakout" limit.

It used to be: In G4.5, In The "Edit NavGuides" Window, there was an "Advanced Options" section. I'm not sure when, the NavGuides Advanced Options were lost. I miss them! Something I, used to monitor, was G Force "Breakout" limit.

Considering that it used to be part of the NavGuides, I wonder if the functionality was removed from the code, or if they just removed the "Advanced Options" button? If that is actually the case than there may be a way to access the ability through the command line. I wonder if anyone knows? :rolleyes:

Back