Realflight 9.5 and Spektrum NX6

piersante84

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with Realflight 9.5 and the Spektrum NX6 radio (mode 2)

Practically on the radio only two channels works (ailerons and elevator) and rudder and throttle not. I tryed to use the ws 1000 and ws 2000 sim dongle,the bind was ok with both usb pen,but nothing to do. On the monitor function of the NX6 all channels works, but on the sim only two. I also checked all simulator settings and of Windows. It's like if the left stick is stuck/dead on the simulator. But also at the windows settings. The right stick works perfect (on the simulator and on the windows settings). What is the problem? Maybe the NX6 is compatible with Realflight 9 but don't with 9.5. I don't understand. Or it could be the radio? But is brand new,I've had it for a week! and I've never used it. In case I can have it replaced.
The only thing i can do is uninstall Realflight 9.5 and install it again.I have the dvd of the version 9 because I had done the online free update of the 9.5 version. This before buying the new radio.
In the hope that doing so will work.
Of course I am sorry to lose all the planes and airports that I have edited...but i think I have no other options.
Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello, I am also having an issue with the throttle on the NX6, I think it's just messed up for Realflight, but my issue is a little bit different, I posted a post about this on here as well, hopefully someone can help us.

Its not an aircraft that it is doing it too, its the actual calibration, I put a post on here that goes into detail on it

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with Realflight 9.5 and the Spektrum NX6 radio (mode 2)

Practically on the radio only two channels works (ailerons and elevator) and rudder and throttle not. I tryed to use the ws 1000 and ws 2000 sim dongle,the bind was ok with both usb pen,but nothing to do. On the monitor function of the NX6 all channels works, but on the sim only two. I also checked all simulator settings and of Windows. It's like if the left stick is stuck/dead on the simulator. But also at the windows settings. The right stick works perfect (on the simulator and on the windows settings). What is the problem? Maybe the NX6 is compatible with Realflight 9 but don't with 9.5. I don't understand. Or it could be the radio? But is brand new,I've had it for a week! and I've never used it. In case I can have it replaced.
The only thing i can do is uninstall Realflight 9.5 and install it again.I have the dvd of the version 9 because I had done the online free update of the 9.5 version. This before buying the new radio.
In the hope that doing so will work.
Of course I am sorry to lose all the planes and airports that I have edited...but i think I have no other options.
Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks
If it doesn't work in Windows (showing as a game controller in Devices), then it won't work in RealFlight.
You either have something off with the setup of your transmitter, or the ws1000/2000.
Do you have the transmitter configured to use a default Acro model?
Does it work using a real receiver, connected to servos?
Have you calibrated the Transmitter? (see its manual)
If yes to all three, then it is probably an issue with the ws1000/2000.
You need to be able to get it fully working in windows as a game controller. Make sure to also use Windows to calibrate it.

Hello, I am also having an issue with the throttle on the NX6, I think it's just messed up for Realflight, but my issue is a little bit different, I posted a post about this on here as well, hopefully someone can help us.

It confuses responses if you insert your own problem into a discussion about someone else's. Start your own new post, as you finally did, so that we can stay on topic helping the original poster.

I have tried all settings and configurations possible for days (on windows and on the sim),but this new radio doesn't work with Realflight 9.5 ,or better yet, half works and half doesn't
The usb keys (Ws 1000/2000) works well because if use they with my old DX6i (on RF 9.5) all channels respond. (Throttle, ailerons, elevator,rudder...and also the smoke servo). And this also without to create a new acro model, just bind and fly.
I'm sure...the problem is the radio also because I read right now on the Spektrum website about this radio and says *Currently compatible only with RF8 and RF9. But I'm use 9.5...
I think I will change this transmitter with another model.
I was thinking about the DX6 G3...I hope this works.
Can someone give me confirmation on the compatibility?
This is my new theory setup : DX6 G3 with WS 1000 dongle and Realflight 9.5
Thanks

You say the left stick does not work in Windows settings - I assume you mean the joystick control panel.
If it does not work in the Windows joystick control panel then it is not a problem with RealFlight.
Is it both directions (left/right and up/down)?
If it's only the throttle (up/down) do you have a throttle kill switch programmed on the radio?
If both rudder and throttle don't work then can you bind the radio to a known working receiver in a plane and test it - if the problem is still there then I would say the radio is faulty.

You say the left stick does not work in Windows settings - I assume you mean the joystick control panel.
If it does not work in the Windows joystick control panel then it is not a problem with RealFlight.
If it's only the throttle (up/down) do you have a throttle kill switch programmed on the radio?
If both rudder and throttle don't work then can you bind the radio to a known working receiver in a plane and test it - if the problem is still there then I would say the radio is faulty.

EXACTLY -
You never said whether you tested it using a real receiver in a real model.....
If it doesn't work there, then either you have something programmed wrong in the radio, or it truly is faulty.
If it DOES work in the model (for all channels), and not in the Windows Joystick control panel, then it very likely is something with the ws1000/2000 setup OR windows drivers. Search these forums for threads about ws1000 or ws2000 for other clues about what it may be. Or at least borrow a different transmitter, if you can, and see if that works.
If any of it will work with RF 8 and 9, it will work with RF 9.5.
Finally, have you verified with Spektrum that then NX6 is compatible with the ws1000 or ws2000?

Also - have you enabled USB mode in the TX, and tested by using a USB cable? That would also give a clue if the ws1000/2000 is the issue, or not.

Hello,
instead yes, if don't works on windows settings (joystick control panel) don't works also on Realflight.
Yes, the defect is in both directions (left/right up/down) and I don't have a throttle kill switch programmed on the radio. I checked.
Instead, I repeat that the right stick works perfectly in any directions (on the joystick control panel and on Realflight 9.5)
Unfortunately I don't have a real plane yet for testing this issue because I'm new in this hobby.
The only thing i can say is that, on the monitor function of the radio,all channels works (also throttle and rudder) But in any case I need that works on the simulator. This stuff is starting to get on my nerves! How is it possible?
Anyway thanks for all the information ;)

EXACTLY -
You never said whether you tested it using a real receiver in a real model.....
If it doesn't work there, then either you have something programmed wrong in the radio, or it truly is faulty.
If it DOES work in the model (for all channels), and not in the Windows Joystick control panel, then it very likely is something with the ws1000/2000 setup OR windows drivers. Search these forums for threads about ws1000 or ws2000 for other clues about what it may be. Or at least borrow a different transmitter, if you can, and see if that works.
If any of it will work with RF 8 and 9, it will work with RF 9.5.
Finally, have you verified with Spektrum that then NX6 is compatible with the ws1000 or ws2000?

Also - have you enabled USB mode in the TX, and tested by using a USB cable? That would also give a clue if the ws1000/2000 is the issue, or not.

Hello,
I don't have a real model for testing it, just the simulator for now.
But I'm repeat that on the monitor function of the radio every channels work. Therefore probably on a real plane it would work...but this does not solve my problem because I need it to use on the simulator.
The windows drivers are all updated and both usb pens that I have (WS 1000/2000) works perfectly on RF 9.5 with the old DX6i radio (buyed used).
The problem is the compatibility of the NX6 radio with the simulator version...because I read on the Spektrum website and says *Currently compatible only with RF8 and RF9*. But my version is 9.5...It's not a problem with my usb keys (WS 1000/2000), infact the NX6 recognizes both because the leds are solid. I enabled the usb mode on the radio and I have tested it with a cable , but nothing to do...
In poor words it does not work in either modes (with usb cable and with the two wireless receivers).
The things are two: latest version of simulator (9.5) with penultimate version of the radios (for example DX6 gen 1,2,3 or DX8 gen 2 etc) or again olders (DX6i) or the penultimate version of the simulator (9,8 etc) with the new radios (for example NX6 etc)
I know that it's strange but it seems to be so ?o_O

If it does not work in the Windows joystick control panel then it is not a compatibility issue with RF 9.5. Other people have reported success with the NX6 in 9.5. Changing to RF 8 or 9 will make no difference - it will still fail.

It sounds like you have tried both the WS1000 and WS2000 dongles and a USB cable and all fail to work in the joystick control panel. It also sounds like you have tried other Spektrum radios and they work on your computer in the joystick control panel.

By process of elimination then the problem lies in your NX6.

You could try a factory reset of the radio and then re-calibrate the gimbals; but I suspect the radio is defective. If you have a competent model shop nearby then perhaps they can test it for you.

philmoz sums it up pretty well.
Others have reported the NX6 working with Realflight 9.5. If your old DX6i works in RealFlight with the ws1000/2000, then that confirms that it is the radio.
Make sure, in the radio, that things are set correctly for "Channel Assignment" and "Channel Input" (page 16 of the manual).

If it does not work in the Windows joystick control panel then it is not a compatibility issue with RF 9.5. Other people have reported success with the NX6 in 9.5. Changing to RF 8 or 9 will make no difference - it will still fail.

It sounds like you have tried both the WS1000 and WS2000 dongles and a USB cable and all fail to work in the joystick control panel. It also sounds like you have tried other Spektrum radios and they work on your computer in the joystick control panel.

By process of elimination then the problem lies in your NX6.

You could try a factory reset of the radio and then re-calibrate the gimbals; but I suspect the radio is defective. If you have a competent model shop nearby then perhaps they can test it for you.

I didn't know about this thing,that the NX6 radio it worked with Realflight 9.5! At this point the problem is my radio...for sure
I tried to do the factory reset and upgrading the firmware at the latest version...but nothing.
I also manually recalibrated the sticks, in the menù where there the are question marks etc,but after the procedure nothing has changed.
These two damned channels don't move! Only apparently, on the monitor function. The online shop where I buyed the radio does not provide technical assistance, but ship the items directly to Horizon Hobby in Germany.
But I live in Italy and now between Covid 19 and the Christmas holidays,I'll have to wait a long time.
Infact I asked a restitution of the item and a refund.
Now i don't know whether to buy the same radio again...or an other, for example the DX6 Gen 3. It has more battery, it's cheaper and I am sure that works with RF 9.5 and WS1000 dongle. I will think about it.

philmoz sums it up pretty well.
Others have reported the NX6 working with Realflight 9.5. If your old DX6i works in RealFlight with the ws1000/2000, then that confirms that it is the radio.
Make sure, in the radio, that things are set correctly for "Channel Assignment" and "Channel Input" (page 16 of the manual).

Yes the DX6i works perfectly with both usb receivers...
All channels assignments and all channels input are set correctly. I've been doing all the tests possible for days ?

You may find it helpful to update to the latest public beta version 9.50.028. It contains a new radio profile for the NX series radios via direct USB connection!

I don't have one of these in front of me, but I think there is a radio setting to enable USB output mode that you'll have to toggle before that will work. Maybe. Don't quote me. ?

Hello guys,

I have a new question for you for an other radio,that I would to buy for using it on Realflight 9.5,and not only of course (in the future), but for now I absolutely need of virtual flying, also if obviously I can't wait to fly a real model!
I returned the NX6 at the online shop for the various compatibility issues with the Simulator, but mostly for the poor battery life, only 4.1/4.2 Volt at full charge and at 3.5 V the low voltage alarm is triggered (not editable).
Therefore I had only 0.6/0.7 volt of effective use...for me too little because I had to recharge it very often.
I imagine that probably in the future will be available a most capacity lipo battery...but for now I haven't found it nowhere, (at least here in Italy)
To give just one example with my old DX6i and four great quality alkaline batteries the volts available are of at least 6.5 / 6,6... enough for almost a week of daily use. Sincerely this fact of the battery disappointed me a bit, because I would have expected a much longer life before you need to recharge it, but for the rest for me it's a nice radio.
Now let's get to the point : I thought about buying a DX6 (Gen 3), thus the latest version of this radio, to match it with the simulator in use.
Does anyone know if this coupling works for sure?
I'm repeat my likely configuration : DX6 (Gen 3) radio, WS 1000 Dongle, Realflight 9.5 and Windows 10.
Please let me know how to proceed...at least I'm sure that this time I won't have any kind of problem! ???

Thanks a lot to everyone and greetings from Italy ??

So does anyone have any advice? Does this new configuration works with RF9.5?

Spektrum DX6 (G3) with Spektrum WS 1000 and Windows 10

Let me know what you think!

Thanks

So does anyone have any advice? Does this new configuration works with RF9.5?

Spektrum DX6 (G3) with Spektrum WS 1000 and Windows 10

Let me know what you think!

Thanks
I would buy the
InterLink DX Simulator Controller with USB Plug
from horizon hobby, because you won't burn through so many batteries, it would also feel similar to a real spectrum, if that is what you have.
Just a thought.

I would buy the
InterLink DX Simulator Controller with USB Plug
from horizon hobby, because you won't burn through so many batteries, it would also feel similar to a real spectrum, if that is what you have.
Just a thought.

Hello,
I already have an InterLink DX with USB Plug,but I need a real radio to practise,so that I can use it both on the simulator and in reality.
Do you know if the DX6 (G3) with WS 1000 works on RF 9.5 ?
Because in case I buy it immediately

Thanks

Hello,
I already have an InterLink DX with USB Plug,but I need a real radio to practise,so that I can use it both on the simulator and in reality.
Do you know if the DX6 (G3) with WS 1000 works on RF 9.5 ?
Because in case I buy it immediately

Thanks
I believe it should if you have RF8 or above.
I would hate to tell you something, and then you buy a $290 Tx, maybe some one who has a new version than me (I have 7.5) can help you out.

Back