realflight 9.5 doesnt work very well

TimeRider...I have the exact problem you describe in your original post. I've described my experience as the plane turning into a pulsing blob of pixels that makes it virtually impossible to know what orientation the plane is in. Consequently, almost every flight results in a crash. Very frustrating and disappointing as I really need this practice tool.

I'm using a brand new Dell Latitude 5420 laptop (not specifically a gaming maching) with 64-bit Windows 11. Bottom line of your research and situation?? Were you able to solve this so the visual graphics display the plane without binocular, zooming etc...?? Like you, I've chosen not to use it unless I can figure this out.

Thanks
Check here and make sure you're graphics hardware setting is correct for your monitor resolution. If it is then the NVIDIA control panel has a way to force AntiAilas settings, so that may help. My plane doesn't do what you're saying unless it's so far away you can't see it, which would be a problem even in real life.

Legacy Menu - Simulatiion->Settings

Settings Graphics.jpg

Check here and make sure you're graphics hardware setting is correct for your monitor resolution. If it is then the NVIDIA control panel has a way to force AntiAilas settings, so that may help. My plane doesn't do what you're saying unless it's so far away you can't see it, which would be a problem even in real life.

Legacy Menu - Simulatiion->Settings

View attachment 135913
Thanks I'll take a look at that. My visual deteriorates as soon as the plane has left the runway and is about 50-100 ft (real) from edge of runway. So not far at all. Makes it difficult to know where i am and when to turn / final, etc.... thanks again

Thanks I'll take a look at that. My visual deteriorates as soon as the plane has left the runway and is about 50-100 ft (real) from edge of runway. So not far at all. Makes it difficult to know where i am and when to turn / final, etc.... thanks again
When I first installed RealFlight my hardware settings was way low so my plane looked pretty bad. Let us know what you find.

Back