Realflight 9.5 Hobbyzone Aeroscout S 1.1m

vauric

Hi,

Just upgraded to 9.5 and happy to see the Aeroscout. I fly the real one, and didn't feel the simulator version flew the same, rolled too quickly, and elevator & rudder didn't have enough input.

So I duplicated the model and played with the Physics settings to get it closer to how I felt it flew.

I'm no expert, so I changed what looked to me the settings which affected the controls. It does seem to fly better for me now.

This is with advanced mode with high rates.

I attach here some pics of the settings to change. Just make a copy of the default plane.

EDIT: I changed ailerons to 11 instead of my previous 10. Slightly better.

Feel free to share if you make it even better, of course its subjective, just my opinion. image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpg

Last edited:
Could you try out the one I made, that is on the swaps pages ? Curious to see what you think about that one.

Hi,
I did have your model before , while waiting for the official one. Very close to the 9.5 one in terms of quality, thanks for the work on it.
I uninstalled it when I updated as I didn't need two. But I re-installed it now to give you feedback.
I think your roll rate is better than the default official one, yours doesn't roll at a crazy rate. Your elevator input seems too strong though, I would reduce it a bit. I can't do loops as easily as yours in real life ;)
Rudder seems fine, maybe slightly strong as well.
In general the plane feels lighter than in real life (too manoeuvrable), moving through the sky like a smaller model, but that's the case for other planes in Realflight I think, could be just physics in the simulation in general, not sure.
But still a great plane to fly, thank you. Hope this helps a bit.
If you have 9.5, you can try my settings on the official one, and compare as well.

EDIT: That was with advanced mode and high rates as well in Realflight on your plane.
EDIT: After flying my tweaked version a bit more, I just wondered if ailerons were a bit too sluggish, so increased deflection to 11 instead of 10. I guess its a constant refinement process. But it does feel "weightier" than yours, more like the real one when I'm at the park.

Last edited:
vauric, I'm glad you were able to make the AeroScout fly to your liking. That model has been through extensive flight testing by both the product developers themselves and here at KE to ensure accuracy. But there are a number of possible reasons why you may have a different experience with your model.

Ultimately, this is a testament to the value of RealFlight's powerful vehicle editor which lets you make things fly how you prefer. If you're happy, we're happy. :)

Rather than just posting screenshots of the changes you made, you might consider exporting an AV of your custom model and sharing it on the swap pages.

Hi Ryan,

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get an email notification, so I missed it.

Thanks for your work on 9.5, I am enjoying it very much, and like you said, the beauty of it is being able to tweak the physics and other settings.

I'm sure you tested it, and of course, its a subjective thing. I only felt from my experience flying the (real) plane, that mine behaved slightly differently. Could be different conditions, different transmitters, etc.

I did notice that 'jon rc' tested it on youtube, and had the same feedback that I had when flying it the first time.

I'm happy to add it to the swap pages when I can find some time, and what the process is, never done it before.

Last edited:
Back