Realflight 9.5S running on 21 x 9 Widescreen?

GlennB

Is anyone running Realflight 9.5S on a 21 x 9 widescreen monitor?
I have been told by a supplier that it will work however I want to be sure it will work properly on widescreen before I buy a new monitor.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Last edited:
I bought the monitor and set Windows to 3440 x 1440, and then set Realflight to that. Fantastic, I am really enjoying it.
The only slight negative is that the plane appears to go a bit faster against the background.

FYI: In post#1, the OP originally said that the monitor's specs were 2560x1440 max resolution. Since he's edited that post to remove the resolution he specified, my post makes no sense. I'm going to delete my post so I don't look stupid. Editing a post that has been replied to completely breaks the continuity of the thread.
I'm glad it's working.

No REAL harm done, but... I'm very surprised that the RF forum doesn't have a time limit on edits/deletes to avoid that problem. I have to admit that I frequently edit my own posts... usually to correct stupid typos, fangled tingers, or to add a new thought or clarify one if I haven't expressed myself clearly enough. But I don't do it more than an hour or so after I submit the post. And NEVER if it messes up the continuity of the thread. IMHO, a 1 hour edit timeout would make sense.

For what it's worth, if I post something that's later found to be incorrect or otherwise useless but has already been responded to by someone else, I'll go back and use the strikethrough format on the text in the original post and note why I did that instead of deleting it.

I have a habit of editing after posting as well, but I like the ability to go back and do that without a time limit, especially if I'm maintaining a thread that's meant to be a source of reference material such as a blog thread. I forget which forum I'm a member of that does have a time limit of a couple of days, and I've been annoyed by that more than once.

I was an admin on another XenForo MB for a couple years. They DO have a time-out. If there's a significant error in a post, the admins/moderators can edit even though the OP can't. And they're happy to do so - it's part of their jobs. Simply "report" your own post with the correct info, & it will be promptly corrected.

The time-out was imposed because of an online argument between 2 users. A "He said/she said" type argument where one of the participants kept editing his posts, so the arguments made absolutely no sense. I wasn't involved, but I'm pretty sure BOTH users were suspended or banned because they couldn't obey the "no personal attacks" rule by repeatedly sniping at each other. I remember a similar incident here a couple years ago, but it didn't involve misleading edits of posts.

Good to hear about the widescreen results. I tried to test on my 30" 4K monitor, but it just wouldn't cooperate to display in 21:9

Back