Realflight 9 Steam VR (HTC Vive Pro) issue

polikitez

Hello, everyone. I am new here. I am having an issue with Realflight 9 Virtual Reality on Steam. I am using the HTC Vive Pro, and the PC has the correct specs for the game. The program loads fine on VR mode and I can fly the planes, but suddenly, it kind of stops getting that I am using a helmet, and goes into desktop mode. When the helmet is working, on the monitor I see both eyes, and in the helmet I see everything super clear. And when it suddenly stops, on the monitor I see the regular "desktop" version, and in the helmet I see that dark scene with the mountains. No game. The helmet just goes in and out of the game all the time. What could the problem be? I tried moving a bit in my room, sitting, standing, but it is the same wherever I go and whatever I do. I believe it's somehow interpreting that I am leaving the helmet unattended on a table and it goes to desktop version, but I am not so sure. If this is the case, is there a way to tell the program to always keep the helmet enabled? Any help is appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

I have an Oculus and there is a sensor inside at the middle of the forehead. If the Vive is the same you could try a small piece of electrical tape to cover the sensor to make it think it's on your head all the time. If it's not that you could have bad cables between the goggles and the PC. I doubt that it's the game as it doesn't control the view mode.

Back