RealFlight Add-Ons Volume One not working

Stablock

Hi All,

I have RealFlight Basic installed on my computer that I have been enjoying without issues. I just purchased RealFlight add-ons Volume one. I installled it but when I try to run it I get a

"This application has failed to start because DIBAPI32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Well, I can't seem to reinstall. When I re-insert the disc, it auto-plays asking me

"Do you want to run RealFlight?"

I click yes and get the same failed message. How can I fix this problem?

Help please.

Real Flight Add Ons (and Expansion Packs) cannot be used with Real Flight Basic. They only work with G3 and up. (Some of the Expansion Packs on ly work with G4 or G5 or RF6 and up.)

Are you kidding? I'm outraged. It says under System Requirements that it requires Great Planes RealFlight R/C Flight Simulater program. WTF - Well Thats Frustrating

Last edited:
WTF? Real nice :rolleyes:

http://www.gpsoftware.com/realflightbasickb.shtml

Real Flight Basic didn't even exist when that AddOn was made and the box was printed. How (or why) could it say that it would not work with Real Flight Basic?

FYI (since you're big on pointless abbreviations), you won't be able to install any of the hundreds of FREE models found on the swap pages.

Are you kidding? I'm outraged. It says under System Requirements that it requires Great Planes RealFlight R/C Flight Simulater program. WTF?

WTF! I'm outraged that you didn't bother to read about what you were purchasing, then come here expecting some sort of sympathy while throwing about expletives.,.

:eek:

Get real.

Last edited:
I did read about what I was buying. It says under System Requirements that it requires Great Planes RealFlight R/C Flight Simulater program. no where did it say that it excludes RealFlight Simulator Basic. What I didn't know is that this add-on was before Basic was ever made.

And I wasn't looking for sympathy. I was looking for a solution to run this with my Basic. Unfortunatly for me, there isn't one.

As far as "WTF".... it stands for Well Thats Frustrating.

Last edited:
So my next question is....

Can I salvage what I have. Can I purchase a RealFlight simulator disc only that can be used with the controler from the Basic AND I can then use the Add-ons?

What I really want to do is fly the Corsair r/c before I buy the real one.

Any Suggestios would greatly be appreciated. (Hey, opjose. notice how I asked for suggestions? I'm not really interested in your feelings or going back and forth with banter. Thanks for understanding.)

Last edited:
The RF6 Upgrade software will only work if you have a controller that comes with G3, G4, or G5.

As far as your justifying your swearing abreviation, I wasn't born yesterday. Check around the forums, you'll not find too many people who need to resort to swearing in order to get their point across.

Thanks for understanding.

I "understand" that you purchased the "Basic" version.

It is too bad that you don't seem to comprehend that.

You received ALL of the suggestions you needed with Jeff's first response. It seems like you were not insterested in that either.

Last edited:
Really? Is that what this forum is all about? I'm new to this one but every other forum I've been on, people ask questions and other people with experience offer their opinions, reasons and or why's, and in some cases even solutions to the problem. Sometimes people with the problem vent their frustrations. And for good reasons sometimes. Problems can be frustrating.

So lets break this down...
Now jeffpn (or as you so affectionatly called him, Jeff) gave me the why. Real Flight Add Ons (and Expansion Packs) cannot be used with Real Flight Basic. They only work with G3 and up.
That perfectly explaines why I can't run the Add-on with my Basic. But that did not give me reason. So I vented a little and asked for a reason, then I vented a little more. A little too much it seems. jeffnp explained the why...(which reminds me... Thanks jeffnp, I was unaware).
Then you chime in which basically says "you" are outraged (which means feelings of anger and resentment) becuse I didn't read what I was getting. That was an interesting response you had. And I'm flattered you have feelings for me. But I don't swing that way. Sorry.
You went on to say that I came here looking for "sympathy while throwing about expletives"? Firstly, as mentioned before, I wasn't looking for sympathy, I was looking for a solution. Secondly....the WTF comment. jeffnp, very discretly pointed it out as well. A sarcastic "real nice" coupled with a rolled eye sarcastic face. So I tried to undo it by cleverly spinning it to a different meaning. I even edited my post! And why does it have to mean that anyways. After all WTF really could mean anything. Maybe it should mean Well Thats Frustrating. Better than the original meaning, right? But jeffnp brought everyones attention back to the fact that it was a swearing abrevation. Thanks jeffnp (insert rolled eye sarcastic face here). Wished you just left sleeping dogs lie.

Now lets look at your last post
I "understand" that you purchased the "Basic" version.

It is too bad that you don't seem to comprehend that.

You received ALL of the suggestions you needed with Jeff's first response. It seems like you were not insterested in that either.
I'm going to type slowly here so that you can follow along. Ready? I comprehend that you understand that I purchsed the Basic version. Follow?
And your last comment (which I find interesting that you bring Jeff in on your opinion. Makes it sound like you guys are on the same team)..."You received ALL of the suggestions you needed in Jeff's first response". That is simply not true. His first response did not offer a suggestion. Nor did his second. His third offered one! Whoo-hoo You got one right! But then again, even a broken clock is right two times a day.
So yeah... As I said before, I was looking for suggestions and not really interested in going back and forth with banter. But I didn't know that is what this forum really was for. Hummmm.... I'm starting to like this forum.

Last edited:
Here's a solution if you want to use the AddOns: Buy G2, G3, G4, G5, or RF6. It's really quite that simple.

Er, that's apples and oranges. In one post I referred to AddOns usage. In the other post, I answered a different question you had, about an alternate (or upgrade) version of the base program of Real Flight

So yeah... As I said before, I was looking for suggestions and not really interested in going back and forth with banter. But I didn't know that is what this forum really was for. Hummmm....

Do you feel better now that you got that all out?

Great that you did.

---

Bottom line, you came here expecting sympathy in spite of your rant and "outrage".

You got no love because you did not read up about what you were purchasing.

Last edited:
Exactly...

Particularly with your attitude... about you and your problems.... We don't!

There you go again. Using the word "we" like you are on some team and you are the captian.

Ever watch Coyote and Roadrunner? Of coure you do, I forgot who I was talking to... You are like the Coyote who chased the Roadrunner off the edge of the cliff. The Roadrunner is fine, after all, he's a bird, he can fly. But the Coyote is still running as if he is on solid ground. He doesn't know yet, you see? Its not untill he realizes he is not on solid ground that he begins to fall.

Opjose, you have contributed nothing to this thread. Nothing of substance anyways. So look down my Coyote friend and you will see. Its a long way down.

"bye-bye"

Actually, there are few members here capable of helping people the way Opjose can and does help people.

Back