Realflight Basic on a mac

smccune1

I have a macbook pro 2,2 with a 2.16 GHz Intel core 2 and 2GB RAM. I run windows XP under parallels desktop 2.5. I have loaded Realflight Basic but cannot get it going. I get a windows error saying "no authorized Realflight basic controller found", even though it is plugged in. I say OK to that error and I get a parallels desktop error that says"USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another application. Close the application or unplug the device and plug it in again. Then try to connect the device again." no other applications are running. Can anyone help?

Bootcamp is much better than Parallels when it comes to running RF on a Mac. I can't explain why, but I've seen more success with Bootcamp than Parallels.

jeffpn said:
Bootcamp is much better than Parallels when it comes to running RF on a Mac. I can't explain why, but I've seen more success with Bootcamp than Parallels.

Well, Bootcamp actually boots the hardware using Windows as the native OS, whereas Parallels is a software emulator : the Windows OS is being run inside the Mac OS, so it's less efficient. You're basically using CPU cycles that could otherwise go to RF in order to create the (virtual) Windows environment.

Back