RealFlight Basic Use with MacBook

Nicksi101

The guys at the hobby shop assured me I could download a program to run RealFlight Basic on my MacBook from the RealFlight website. I can't find anything on the site that will allow me to do such. HELP

There is nothing on RF's website to allow RF to run on a Mac. Mac is not supported by RF. People have had luck running RF on a Mac by using Bootcamp, though. It has nothing to do with RF's website. Sorry about your LHS, sounds like they were trying to make a sale, but we'll just assume they are misinformed.

If you web search there are one or two flight simulators out there that run on a mac... I found one for a guy in our club... He never used it, so I am unable to comment on the quality. In order for RF to run on your laptop you will have to run Microsoft Windows through bootcamp. You need to check this out and search this site to be sure it will run on your particular laptop. There are a few guys reporting success... the guy at my field went the bootcamp path. I do not believe any Linox success has been achieved.

There is no free lunch in flight simulators... anything worthwhile has a price tag. That being said, there is one free product usually given away with a USB flight controller called FSB?? I have seen it on some of the heli websites for $15-$20us.

As 12oclockhigh said... He is referring to FMS.

FMS is free for download but is for the PC.

There are a few native Mac sims :
AlphaMacSim
RC Heli Sim
AlphaOmega

etc.

But most of these are private efforts lacking the features of Realflight.

There are many reports of success with Bootcamp.

Back