RealFlight G2 on Windows XP

Scott Kemp

Administrator
If you are having problems with this combination, let me know. We have some fixes in BETA right now that you can try. Please send an email and describe the problem you are having.

[This message was edited by Scott Kemp on 10-08-01 at .]

Last edited by a moderator:
Problems with windows xp

I was running windows 98 and g2 was working great. I updated to XP and all i get is a white screen and I can't update? Can you help. I don't want to have to put 98 back on my computer. Thanks

noslenam26@hotmail.com :)

Is there a solution to this problem?
Would be nice to know before i consider to upgrade to XP when it is released.

windows xp

I had a problem with xp going to a white screen but got that fixed. Now all of a sudden when i try to start g2 i get a error problem and it askes me to send it to microsoft. any help???

My old system went into the "dumper" and I got a new DELL with XP Delux installes but can't find the joystick tryint to upgrade to G2 the system just hangs and gives up.

Thanks Scott

Well, I wrote Scott an E-mail on Sat and within 10 min I had an answer. I followed the "trail" he laid out and within normal install time, I was up and running.

Great support!!!

Doug

My Experience with XP and G2

I had G2 running fairly well on my Windows 2000 system, which I recently updated to Windows XP Pro. Here's the details of my system:

1.9 GHz Pentium 4
512 MB Rambus memory
3 18.2 GB 10,000 RPM SCSI-160 drives
Nvidia GeForce2 GTS with 32MB video RAM

Realflight G2 ran really well on this system with very smooth graphics.

I reinstalled G2 after doing a clean install of WinXP. I got a blank white screen with nothing visible except the menu bar when I tried to run it.

I did an on-line upgrade (on 11/6) and the new version runs, but not smoothly. The screen is very jumpy and even the mouse cursor jumps around rather than tracking smoothly. The task manager shows that CPU usage is very high (close to 100%).

Something is definately wrong with G2 on XP. My machine isn't exactly underpowered, and it ran G2 just fine under Win2000.

WinndowsXP

I have been runing with WindowsXP Pro and runs great

Pentium III@1Ghz
128Mb RAM
and a NVIDIA GeForce2 MMX

Cannot install on XP

I have just upgraded my system to Windows XP Pro and while RealFlight G2 was fine under ME it will not run at all under XP.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing but all that happens is the first part of the install runs and then nothing further. After about an hour an error message appeared telling me there was no disk space to copy files to the C drive. At the time there was over 3.5 gig of free space left.

Would anyone have any ideas as this is the only game I ever use and would hate to not be able to play on my system.

Regards

Chris Deal

please help me

I have XP, 1.33 amd athlon, sblive, geforce2 400mx, 256ram.

anyhow, got it installed, and it doesnt recognize the controller as the right one and when I do to run it it starts to play some music then flashes a blue screen with words on it but it goes by so fast you cant read it then shuts the whole computer off!!

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks

I have an old Pentium III 450 with 192mb RAM, an Geforce 2 MX400 64mb video card and SBLive! Value soundcard. I did a clean install of Windows XP Home edition (OEM), and G2 works great. My CD version is .219, and it ran. I updated to the latest (.327), and it works better.

My suggestion is that you download XP compatible drivers for your hardware, particularly for the display driver. NVIDIA current driver is ver 21.83, and make sure you select the XP version of 21.83.

Maxime Michaud

I have G2, v.2.00.327. I was registered, but now G2 says I’m not. When I try to use the online registration, I never get beyond “waiting for server.” The connection times out And I get an error “no response from server...”

When I tried to launch G2, it never makes it beyond the splash screen. I have tried to use the windows 98 compatibility mode, but that didn’t help either.

Dave Lilley
E-Zone Editor
www.ezonemag.com
dlilley@ezonemag.com

I completely removed RF G2 and tried to re-install. It seems to go fine until it asks for my original RF disk and add-on disks. When I put them in, and I get an error on "T12345.exe". I click ok, but then I get the same error, but the numbers have changed. I keep getting this error until I click cancel. When I do that, it tries to load G2, but then I get errors where it G2 is trying to access an "o:\" drive. I do not have an "o" drive. I closed G2, downloaded the updates, and then tried it all over again. I got the same errors. I disabled “autoplay” on my machine, tried the whole thing over again, and still got the same results.

Dave there are some files that you must remove manually before you can do a "clean" reinstall. I don't remember which they are but you can do a search of previous posts and find them.

If you did remove all files, then good luck finding an answer.

Don't bother me now, I'm flying RFG2...
Or am I flying the real thing? I can never tell till the landing...

I completely removed everything after the un-install. I then re-installed RF and then my G2 upgrade.

I still get the t??????.exe error when I have to put in my original RF disk to verify my registration.

Just for the record, I put in all new XP drivers for everything after my second install attempt.

Dave, I feel your pain

[rant on]

I recently bought G2 and had way more trouble than I expected intalling. The first time I installed I just got a white screen. I tried to update my version but the server wouldn't recognize me. I uninstalled and installed again after updating all drivers. I still got a white screen. OK. I uninstalled again but this time I noticed that my C drive actually appeared to have 2 more gigs of info on it as compared to just before my first install. It turns out that G2 was dumping a lot of junk files in my windows temp folder. I couldn't get rid of any of them. Not even running in pure DOS mode b/c the file names were symbols that weren't on my keypad. I had to format my C: drive.

After I reinstalled Win98 and reinstalled G2 I finally managed to update by using another ISP. BTW this is not my ISP's fault b/c lots of other people with different ISP's have this problem (check the other messages and see.) The update allowed the sim to run, but after updating I sometimes get error messages telling me to insert the original disk when it's already in the CDROM drive. Sometimes I get the errors in strings and sometimes not at all.

I realize that this probably doesn't help you one bit, but at least you know you're not the only person out there wondering where his 200 bucks went.

[rant off]

Other than that, the sim is pretty decent.

RFG2 running on XP

Take Scott's advice.

I am running XP Pro on a p4. Couldn't finish the install without several error messages and a dump to desktop. I emailed rfsupport and got an automated response almost immediately. Instruction are very clear in the email, so I will not reproduce them here.

Currently running Beta version .376 and loving it !!! :eek:

Back