RealFlight G4.50.050 3 crashs

Deewng

Recently updated to a GigaByte MA785GMT-UD2H mobo w/ Phenom II X2 550, 4 Gig memory, and ATI HD4350C. All Latest drivers have been installed. OS is XP SP3. Clocking of the mobo is at 3.3 GHZ, CPU has all 4 processors unlocked and the HD4350C is its default OC of 650.

Now if I crash 3 times the RealFlight comes up with "Unexpected Error" which returns to desktop. It doesn't matter if in 3D or PIC flying fields.

This is becoming a big pain in the back side.

Is this something that is a speed related issue or does anyone have any Ideas?

Deewng :confused:

What you didn't say is if the clock rates you are using are all at the defaults for the processor and memory you are using.

If not set them to the defaults, and try again.

G4/G5 pushes the systems more than other programs. I've had similiar problems when I've overclocked my machine, and bringing things down to normal eliminated these problems.

Clocking of system

I am a Novice to hardware.
"Clocking of the mobo is at 3.3 GHZ, CPU has all 4 processors unlocked and the HD4350C is its default OC of 650."Unexpected
The mobo CPU is .2 above normal, Mem is default, but the Graphic is at its default of 650 GPU 400 Mem..
If .2 hurts it at 3 GHZ then I would think that is a little much.

Did try the mobo at the out of the box defaults of 3.1 CPU and 1333 Mem and still get the "Unexpected error" crashing back to the desktop after 3 crashs.

Maybe I am to quick on the reset after a crash?

Thanks.
Deewng

Re: I'm a novice...

That is surprising since you have a system that provides for many user settings, which you've availed yourself of already.....

Set your motherboard to use your PROCESSOR and MEMORY default timing values.

The problem is likely to be your hardware, not G4 in this case.

There are some problems which do cause crashes to desktop, but what you describe sounds more like a hardware issue. The KE errors are generaly far more descriptive when it's something within the sim itself.

Any increase over norms is suspect.... and even at normal values, you may have other problems or issues in the way that manifest when G4 "pushes" your computer to it's limits.

if you havent yet.....disable your anti-virus program.....mine was doing the same thing.....hope this helps////

Back