Realflight on Apple

Dixie

Has anyone any experience of Realflight on Apple computers? Does it work as well as on Microsoft?
Thanks for any info.
Dixie

Has anyone any experience of Realflight on Apple computers? Does it work as well as on Microsoft?
Thanks for any info.
Dixie
It is not Apple OS compatible. You need a Windows OS computer with discrete capable graphics. Intel's integrated graphics are not compatible either.

Intel's integrated graphics are not compatible either.
12th gen is not compatible. Earlier generations work fine, but are slower than add-on GPU's. But I'm speaking about PC's not Apples.

There are a bunch of threads about the hoops you'll need to jump through to get RF to work on Apple hardware. AFAIK, it can be made to work, but it's not as easy as it would be on a natively Windows PC. As TC said, your Apple must run Windows for it to work.

12th gen is not compatible. Earlier generations work fine, but are slower than add-on GPU's. But I'm speaking about PC's not Apples.

There are a bunch of threads about the hoops you'll need to jump through to get RF to work on Apple hardware. AFAIK, it can be made to work, but it's not as easy as it would be on a natively Windows PC. As TC said, your Apple must run Windows for it to work.

Thank you Bill. Saved me money and sent me in the right direction. Much appreciated.

I'm a Mac user. What I did was to download and install Parallel's Desktop (it's a virtual machine that emmulates Windows on a Mac), installed Windows and without any problems RF Evolution. Earlier versions of RF won't work since they do not support 64 bit. That's it - shortly, possible any works fine.

Last edited:
I'm a Mac user. What I did was to download and install Parallel's Desktop (it's a virtual machine that emulates Windows on a Mac), installed Windows and without any problems RF Evolution. Earlier versions of RF won't work since they do not support 64 bit. That's it - shortly, possible any works fine.

You have an Intel based Mac. It is significantly more difficult on Apple Silicon and RealFlight tech support is non-existent for it. (Maybe it's better now than when I contacted them in September 2022.)

Indeed, no support at all. No, I do not use an Intel based Mac, Rather an M1 Mac - which made it more complicated. But as I wrote, absolutely possible.

Back