RealFlight Recording Conversion?

MikeVictor

Is it possible to convert a RealFlight recording file to a format that can be played on a PC without RealFlight installed. Perhaps a Windows Video file or some other?

Mike

Search for FRAPS in these forums, this has been discussed at great lengths before.

Don't feel like reading? Go directly to their site, it will record 30 seconds at a time for free. Then you can buy it if you want to record without the watermark over the video.

Frap

Just paid for FRAPS, waiting for confirmation so I can upgrade the demo I downloaded to the full version.

Thanks,

Mike

I wasn't pleased with fraps.... isn't there a better way to just convert the *.recording file???

Fraps is a software only solution.

A "better" way is to use an external video hardware capture device, or something that does this automatically like an All-In-Wonder card.

With the AIW cards, there is no performance hits as the frames are captured in real time by hardware.

FGeiger said:
I wasn't pleased with fraps.... isn't there a better way to just convert the *.recording file???
There are many ways to capture video, but there is no way to directly convert that file.

For the best quality and to avoid a performance hit as you're flying, use the built in recording option. Then make your distributable capture of the recording's playback

Back