Realflight update version .430 discussion

mikey

You guys have got it it is exactly on for the yak atleast that is all I have flown it is very very close to the real thing. The only problem is that it will pull all the way through a wall with no tip stall even the best plane stall on one tip at some point in the wall/loop. You fix this you will have a real winner. For my next request and I will shut up and leave you guys alone jbourke said

"There is no reason to stay with .410.

You can get the .426 airplanes to fly like they did in .410 by just adjusting a few parameters. That is a lot easier than going back a version.

Jim"
Can you guys do this for us so when we want to do some hardcore practice with the yak 54 3D-Throws. So that it will be in there for us to fly. You guys can get it the way it was in 4.1 exactly much better than I can. If you guys could just edit and put it as a standard plane that comes with the update and I will be a happy camper. If anyone else would like to see this also please speak up I understand this is not something you would do for just one person but I hope that I am not the only one so guys speak up if you want to see this before the update is final.

Knifeedge I know I give you guys a hard time and I just want to say that you have really been steping up to the plate doing a great job. I would also like to add this is the greatest sim out there.

.430 ...

Just started it up...

My default heli (millenium) started to rotate slowly to the left as soon as the program started, no motor on at all... :eek: More to come. Thanks for this newest update Knife Edge. :)

same here

waiting for the more to come. I noticed several different aircraft had issues finding the proper engine and battery files.

Ground is sooooooo different in .430. I can't decide better or worse for heli's. It will need some adjustment though, as it's nice and sticky, but the skids sink again, and the tail gets broken a lot now.

It's like landing and taking off from 1/2" of mud. In some ways good, because it sticks to that landing site now, but I think it's a little to sticky. Or does that depend on surface material? I need to go fly a few airports and see if any are different. .... Ok, I flew a couple and they all seem to have the sinking skid effect on multiple surfaces.

I like the new auto-reset feature. Although sometimes it doesn't reset. Can it be toggled off and on? I found that with the new tail breaking fairly often, sometimes the auto reset catches it and sometimes it doesn't. :p

I noticed several different aircraft had issues finding the proper engine and battery file
Is this something specific to .430? Is this with aircraft that come with G3, or is this with custom aircraft [user created or user edited]? Are you actually missing the battery/engine files?

Although sometimes it doesn't reset. Can it be toggled off and on?
The auto reset only takes effect when the aircraft has broken apart. In my testing I was unable to cause it to not reset the aircraft. Are you sure that the aircraft is breaking apart? You can change the reset delay in the Simulation | Settings | Physics | Reset Delay parameter. Setting it to 0 will disable the auto-reset feature.

Travis

missing files

It was downloaded aircraft. They were fine before the .430 update, now it says missing files.

Thank you Knife Edge

To the Knife Edge admins/developers I'd like to say thank you for putting through a new beta after people discovered problems with .426. I'm very quick to point out if I think you're doing something to upset users, so I thought it only right that I also say thanks and good work when you get it right.

It sounds like .430 still has problems too though. I hope you'll consider a 3rd version before making it final.

Sadly I won't get to try .430 for a few days. (I work late tonight, and have a wedding to attend out of town this weekend). When I get back I'll definitely try it out though.

Am I the only one that sometimes still gets the problem with the plane not stopping after landing??

/Peter

vitek said:
The auto reset only takes effect when the aircraft has broken apart. In my testing I was unable to cause it to not reset the aircraft. Are you sure that the aircraft is breaking apart? You can change the reset delay in the Simulation | Settings | Physics | Reset Delay parameter. Setting it to 0 will disable the auto-reset feature.

Travis
Oh... What happened was that I had it reset automatically once when the tail rotor broke (due to the sinking into the ground with heli's.) But usually it did not auto-reset for this case...

On the other side, I had the heli break apart a couple times on the ground and not auto reset. Those were special cases, but I've seen it more than once yesterday. Sequence was: Fly and land the heli, break tail rotor either on landing or on spinning up a second time, heli sometimes then leans and catches a rotor on the ground. As long as head speed is really slow, the heli then proceeds to kind of flip over and back, even with a broken off rotor, without auto reseting. :p I watched this happen for about a minute once because it was kind of entertaining... (This one is easily fixed by pressing reset, so maybe this is a don't care. :) )

I noticed several different aircraft had issues finding the proper engine and battery file

vitek said:
Is this something specific to .430? Is this with aircraft that come with G3, or is this with custom aircraft [user created or user edited]? Are you actually missing the battery/engine files?

Travis

I have this same problem. Can't find engine on an edited plane file. AND, when I go to edit the plane to select a different engine, the list of internal combustion engines is BLANK (no engines to choose from).

If I edit a stock G3 plane, the engine list is fine.

I attached one of the offending plane files if you want to look it over.

Jim H.

Attachments

• PlaneWithError.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
This update is much better however, still too much p-factor in my opinion. Maybe tone down just a small bit - otherwise I like it :)

Jim,

The plane file refers to a torque generator [gas motor] named 'scotts 210'. If you don't have a file named 'scotts 210.gasTorque' in the engines directory, then the error message is correct and expected.

This is a recent change. In previous versions of the software, if the file was not found, it would fail silently. You would never know that the engine file was not there. The 426 and 430 versions added error messages for missing resources.

Travis

vitek said:
Jim,

The plane file refers to a torque generator [gas motor] named 'scotts 210'. If you don't have a file named 'scotts 210.gasTorque' in the engines directory, then the error message is correct and expected.

This is a recent change. In previous versions of the software, if the file was not found, it would fail silently. You would never know that the engine file was not there. The 426 and 430 versions added error messages for missing resources.

Travis

But how come when I try to edit the plane to another engine the list of available engines is BLANK. In fact, the blank engine list crashed G3 when I clicked on "Copy" (with no engine selected, of course - because there are none shown).

That crash is repeatable every time.

So - I am getting an unavailable engine error, but the editor is not allowing me to change it to an available engine (torque generator).

Jim H.

I am also having the same problem with the heli's. They spin no matter how slow you spool up. Also the imported aircraft, even though you have the file for the engine, it says it doesn't exist. Then it goes to a default. Never had this problem before.

jhimmel said:
But how come when I try to edit the plane to another engine the list of available engines is BLANK. In fact, the blank engine list crashed G3 when I clicked on "Copy" (with no engine selected, of course - because there are none shown).

That crash is repeatable every time.

So - I am getting an unavailable engine error, but the editor is not allowing me to change it to an available engine (torque generator).

Jim H.

Try deleting the offending line in the definition file.

You can then add the engine.

But how come when I try to edit the plane to another engine the list of available engines is BLANK
If you double click the only item in the tree view, you will get a list of motors to select. I did not know about the crash that can happen if you click copy in this situation. I've filed a bug on that.

Travis

downloaded .430 N test fly a few jets, still cant get those jet stood still at the takeoff position? Have no problem on air!

Attachments

• ScreenShot1140434221.jpg
    ScreenShot1140434221.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 65
Back