Receiving spam via private message.

csgill75

The spammer with the username volatile is now sending everyone online spam messages via private message. If you have received a message from volatile forward it to Ryan Douglas as I have done so this gets stopped.

Last edited:
I know 4 others received the one I got. It lists the names, Helihemi, MikeBramm, PonyMan, TIMBO50 and myself.

I hope so. I have a screen shot of my inbox

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-17-19-46-15.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-17-19-46-15.png
    180.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_2015-02-17-19-50-29.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-17-19-50-29.png
    297.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I got one. It's interesting that the account was created 3 years ago and has zero posts. Account taken over?, or are spammers creating sleeper accounts that far in advance?

It could have been a take over but I have seen dozens of accounts created in the past with spam in the signature that have yet to be used to create a single post.

If its from this "volitile", then yes. I wouldn't open it. I know he/she/it has been PMing for over an hour now. Nobody does that.

I Goggled the link, and its not a legitimate site.(This webpage is not available) Probably a "NEFARIOUS FRONT". Anyone want to test your security package? :eek: Feel lucky :rolleyes:
Just because there haven't been any posts, doesn't mean he/she/it hasn't been PMing. (PM records aren't listed, But Ill bet KE keeps records) Busted!:p

Last edited:
More spam

I got one of those messages also. How do we contact Ryan? I don't frequent here very often.

Thanks,

Bob

Just hit "forward" at the bottom of the message box. in the recipient area, type "Ryan Douglas" without quotes. Then send it.

Back