Recording Dynamic Soaring Over 300MPH

Haole

I've been really enjoying the DS Ridgeline airport lately and have gotten fairly good at DSing in the sim. Seems that with the standard wind levels and a slightly modded, ballasted Mistral (I decoupled the rudder from the ailerons) I can't get any faster than 358MPH. Even then it's just for a fleeting second of one circuit.

Any tips for recording my fastest flight speeds short of using FRAPS? It's quite hard to keep a decent circuit or orbit going and be watching the airspeed at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
C

Keep practicing!!!

Last time I checked
The fasted RW DS record is 392 mph
http://www.rcspeeds.com/AircraftSpeeds.aspx?rpt=100
So your results are pretty close to “reality”

Try this DS site I just recently posted:
https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/11104

Just for fun and although not very RW “realistic”
I have posted a screen shot of what I believe is the fastest
plane in RF
while DS’ing
using the "Shuriken DS"
In this thread (see post #107)…… 2703 mph !!
https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=23533&page=4&pp=30
How I achieved that speed was by …….
In the airport editor you can adjust the “wind field modifiers” parameters some to increase their effect in the sim…
( In any DS site ….unless they are already at maximum)
Also
By turning up the wind speed (in both cases …..Remember to strengthen your chosen aircraft!!)

my 8600gt vid card has a s-video out
I have never tried to use it
always wondered if i could hook it up to a 2nd "recorder??(video camera or dvd rw , vhs?????) but not sure if it would output it in a usable format ??

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

That's some crazy fast speeds that you're tweaking out of the sim there, Maj! I'd prefer to keep everything stock and just find a way to record max airspeed so that I can go back and review my flights. Using the recording feature of the sim is nice to watch yourself fly but the HUD doesn't show the parameters of the recorded flight.

Anybody have any better ideas than a 3rd-party recording program? It seems that this could be easily done right in RF itself. Devs...and interest in this feature?

Thanks all,

C

I agree
it would be nice to have the nav guide or the TX show up
of the aircraft that is in the recording......
on the RF recordings!!!...like in the "training" feature

don't uderstand why they made it that way??(not possible)
and it would be a nice change to implement
in some future update (G6?)

did you check out my DS ap?.....it is set up for more realistic speeds(330-400 mph)
Haole said:
It's quite hard to keep a decent circuit or orbit going and be watching the airspeed at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
C
you can "slow down" the physics in the "settings"......the aircraft will "appear' to be traveling slower like in slo-mo
yet the nav guide will still show the aircrafts "true"airspeed
that is how i was able to get the above meantioned screeny at 2703mph :D

Last edited:
Back