Recordings File Format/Utility?

friesele

I want to make my own RF .recording file by entering flight data manually. Anyone know the .recording file binary format? Or is there a Utility to generate one from a text based delimited file? If there is no utility already available and I can get the .recordings format I was thinking of writing a program that generates .recording file from a TXT, XML or CSV file format with attitude, heading, or whatever it needs... if possible.

Why? I don't know, why not? I thought it would be cool.

Not sure if RF publishes this format... or might consider it???

I dont...( And I'll bet neither do they).......... I'd rather have them spend that time getting rid of the ratings system
and there $ on worthwhile improvements in the next 1/2 version instead of working on a recording feature no one but you wants

If you have to program a recording in manually isn't it like faking that you can fly? Use the sim to learn what you want to do and use the existing record feature :)

If you have to program a recording in manually isn't it like faking that you can fly? Use the sim to learn what you want to do and use the existing record feature :)

I'm not sure I would go so far as to say there would be no worthwhile use of this. But it does bring visions of bad music midi files that were hand entered that are all over the net. In fairness, there are some good uses of hand entered midi data.

I'm not sure I would go so far as to say there would be no worthwhile use of this.

It's been mentioned before, and it would be an interesting feature... but then there are other things I'd like to see first...

But it does bring visions of bad music midi files that were hand entered that are all over the net. In fairness, there are some good uses of hand entered midi data.

Hey I hand coded many IMHO decent, Midi files.

One song could take many months to do, especially trying to get a full orchestra... of course few people could play something like that back too as it required multiple midi devices or sound cards connected.

Then I got into RC...

Back