Recordings

Knightsquad

Wouldn't it be great if the recording can be read by
Windows Media PLayer or something similar?
Like an MPG !

The files need the RF program to play but would be nice if they weren't so propietary.

Can these Vids be modified in any way?

Knight

You play 'em back and use something like FRAPs to make the vid.

Been asked for before, though. Keep asking, they'll get to it eventually.

We'll see your question asked a few times in the coming weeks by people new to RF. Like phrank said, you can use FRAPS to accomplish your task. Just don't invite me over for home movie night! Watchimg RF videos (especially by people not into RC) is about as exciting as watching grass grow.

As said, FRAPS is the usual starting point. It's a screen capture program that captures the application window having focus. It builds an AVI file that is playable via media players, but it's a raw video file (no compression) and gets rather large rather quickly. A free version is available for down load that gives you 30 seconds of video capture. For a few dollars more you can buy the unlimited version.

Typically the process is:
  • Make your recording in RF
  • Playback the recording in RF with FRAPS running
  • Import the FRAPS AVI raw video file into Windows Movie Maker or something similar
  • Edit clips, cut, paste, add titles, captions, audio. effects, etc.
  • Save as a Windows movie file (.wmv) or something similar that has compression

For some stunning examples of what a talented person can do with this, do a search for spasticatedtoad on YouTube and watch some of his videos.

<unsolicited tip>Keep it to 2-3 minutes and you're less likely to bore the socks off your audience. And if you have Windows 7, go get the free version 2.6 of WMM for Vista - it's much better than the one that come with W7.

Regards
Michael

jeffpn said:
We'll see your question asked a few times in the coming weeks by people new to RF. Like phrank said, you can use FRAPS to accomplish your task. Just don't invite me over for home movie night! Watchimg RF videos (especially by people not into RC) is about as exciting as watching grass grow.

There you go again Jeff! You always have to chime in when you don't need to. What is wrong with a person watching grass grow? I'm sick of your bias opinions!

Last edited:
I won't invite you, but it might be fun to send some fun stuff to other
friends who do fly don't ya think?
I do, and that's all that matters to me...

jeffpn said:

Knightsquad said:
it might be fun to send some fun stuff to other
friends who do fly don't ya think?
I do, and that's all that matters to me...
As long as your friends are interested, I say go for it!

Back