Reflective airport objects on RF8

hferreira

Hello everyone,

I am having a recurrent problem with importing static scenery objects created in Wings+3DMax for RF8.

I am developing a custom airfield for a flight simulation and need to import static objects. I created them using wings and 3ds max following flexible2g's tutorial:
https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=32872

Everything works fine BUT all the static objects are highly reflective (see image below). I just want them to have a simple color and have no reflection.

Where can I change this settings? Is it in wings? In 3DMax?

Thanks for your time

Attachments

• rfreflection.jpg
    rfreflection.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 15
Hello everyone,
Welcome
I am having a recurrent problem with importing static scenery objects created in Wings+3DMax for RF8.

Everything works fine BUT all the static objects are highly reflective (see image below). I just want them to have a simple color and have no reflection?.
Apart from using the FBX Remap Tool the only Alternative solution is to UV Map all of your Objects & add Specular and Normal Maps
Where can I change this settings? Is it in wings? In 3DMax?
Neither It's in RealFlight Tutorial Here
AnyHow Good Luck Plenty of other tutorials can B found in the Forums by searching 4"Specular and Normal Maps":)

We have a fix in the works for this issue. You guys won't have to use the above workaround forever. :)

Back