Replacement Parts

Helihemi

My kids dog chewed the cord from my Interlink Controller to the USB port on my computer today, so I'm doneusing Realflight. Is there a way to replace the cord or just buy a new controller?
P.S. Dog for sale.

people have posted here that they have fixed them themselves
or
you can send it in to have it fixed ...........but last I heard that'll set you back $50

call tech support

USB cables are 4 wires... you might want to try fixing it yourself... you can buy another USB cable at your local computer store or radio shack... you might even be able to cut out the bad spot... if fido did not chew the whole cord.

4 soldier connection to make. Not a big deal for me, but your situation is different. It is also possible that something internal is messed up as a result. Either way, you can send it in and have it replaced... contact support for more info.

Thanks for the suggestions, I got ahold of rfsupport to see what to do. I don't understand jeffpn's statement though. I rechecked my first post and I was not asking to buy a controller from any customer.

Last edited:
Oftentimes customers come to the customer forum (here) to ask how to get a new Interlink. I thought that's what you were doing, from reading your first post. Us customers cannot help you get a new controller or cable. Technical support for RF is provided through Great Planes. You must contact them for replacement parts. These forums are really for customer discussion. It is not a channel for technical support, except advice or help from other customers. Sometimes a KE employee will chime in, but even they are not responsible for customer support. Officially, tech support is provided by Great Planes. http://gpsoftware.com/contacts.htm

My RF controler got chewed up along time ago from ( Old age or somthing - my dog, chair leg :confused: ) but, I fixxed it with some shrink rap in the garage. Works perfect now.

I tripped over my cable and broke the USB end about a year ago.

Called Tech Support and after a bit of convincing them to do it, they sent me a used usb cable for the interlink and I soldered it onto the board. Took maybe 15 minutes total. Cost me $10.00. They were somewhat reluctant to do but in the end they were very good at accommodating me. Tech support is great. :) Good Luck and hope you will get it worked out.

Hello,
first sorry me poor english. i have an old version of RF (3.5) and buy the update to version 5. on my old controller inside is broken an bar on them was an spring for centering the Aileron-Stick.
i make a phone with the support and there send my an new controller about the 50 Bugs imediatly. im living in switzerland, waiting only around 10 Days.
RF Support is one of the best Support im ever get.

Best Regards
Markus

Back