request: 77" Bucker Jungmeister

willsonman said:
Magic 5er work for sure ;)
More than likely :D I'm sure it will interrupt my sleep as much as the rest of them.

I'm back home, so give me a call whenever you want.

For those working on a color scheme, here's a static model (i.e. no physics) to preview it on.

Attachments

• Bucker Jungmeister_EA.RFX
    649.2 KB · Views: 10
Here's a WIP. This has very basic physics (just using default weights and no tweaks what so ever) and also no C-Meshes (other than wheels), so no comments on the physics or break up please.

The diffuse map is completed, unless someone spots an error. The things I'd like other eyeballs on now are deviations in the 3D model and holidays in the map.

Right now I'm going to work on the normal and spectral maps then I'll go back and clean up the 3D model. I still need the rest of the C-Meshes and I want to add a stick. After that I'll see how many polys I have left for gingerbread before finishing the physics.

Doug

EDIT: File updated farther down.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1291902059.jpg
    ScreenShot1291902059.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Thanks guys. Anyone spot a goof-up?

Here's an update with a Normal Map. Spectral Map is next up. I also did a first cut on the weights, so the wingload is close other than for any ballast I may need to add.

EDIT: Posted to swaps

Attachments

• ScreenShot1291934170.jpg
    ScreenShot1291934170.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
in use

Power and weight are about what i am expecting to actually get out of my model. Won't know how it turns out until Spring.
Thinking about one of these variants on color scheme along with the one you used.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1291955899.jpg
    ScreenShot1291955899.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 9
  • jungmeister.jpg
    jungmeister.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 7
  • orange.jpg
    orange.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 12
The one on the far right will be impossible to do well with the way the fuselage is mapped. Since there is little detail on the top or bottom of the fuselage on most schemes, I just mapped the fuselage left/right. What will happen with this mapping is just a few pixels get stretched across the whole top and bottom, so no horizontal detail is possible in those areas without distortion.

This even had an effect on my current paint job. If you look at the bottom of the real plane, the metal panels on the root of the wings do not cross the whole bottom. You might also notice that there are no fabric indentations on the bottom for the same reason. I did not feel these slight deviations were worth the extra effort (and the space that would be required on an already crowded map, due to two completely different wings) to do a multi-sided mapping of the fuselage.

Last edited:
Oh well... You can't please everyone. It's all about decisions, and the ones I made were what I thought best for what I wanted to do.

That's the same reason I consult the Maj. when I map! I suppose I have one more PM to start sending out before I map a plane.

Only if he starts paying you does he truly get a say. :D

In my case, I consulted my own schemer (how's that for new definition for a word that you won't find in Websters), and got the plan pre-approved too. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back