Request Aircraft Here!

jeffpn said:
You'd do well to just fly any and all of the helis for now in RF.
I've never flown a real RC aircraft before. Did this and learned to fly pretty good. Now I'm just waiting to apply it.

Norton said:
mk1505,
It's always nice when a model is created then someone that has it makes a AV that is true to the physics.
so true if you are using RF as a learning aid for a specific aircraft...learning how to fly a brick is not much help later on

Maj. Numbskully said:
so true if you are using RF as a learning aid for a specific aircraft...learning how to fly a brick is not much help later on
That would also be a different brick than the one I referred to in post #1,736. I do get your point, I hope the other guy does, too. My brick has complete flight characteristics of the aircraft one is trying to make. The look of the model has NOTHING to do with the flight characteristics of the model. Your brick is just a brick. Those physics are easier! ;)

yes it would be a different brick..........one that looks exactly like a P-51 but flies like a brick
not a brick that flies like a P-51 :D

Last edited:
How did we get from a Blade SR to a brick

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your replies.

I'm getting a real kick out of the fact that my original post about the Blade SR has turned into a discussion about a brick. It's kind of funny if you think about it.

mk1505

I'm finding that RF does not handle the small helies that well. I have the Blade Msr modeled and in RF. I have a physics setup for G3.5 and G4.5 and it still to touchy and does not handle like the real one I own. Still playing with it when I got time.

PCHarrist . Nice looking SR by the way.

Last edited:
I would love to see the easy star with a flat wing and ailerons. Several folks have made such a mod and it really is a whole new airplane. If an ameteur designer could do same I would love to get pointed in that direction. thx

Are you talking like the mods David Powers did on you tube where he cut WILD Hawk curved part of the wing off added Ailerons and over powered it. ?

And if you talking about getting "pointed in the right direction" look for tutorials of making models with Wings3d

Cfa-44 Nosferatu

I have attached the images. for G3.5 Simulator

Thank you

Attachments

• dlc01cfa4403cj7.jpg
    dlc01cfa4403cj7.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Nosferatu_Schematic.jpg
    Nosferatu_Schematic.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 9
For us "T" tailers, anyone built or seen an Aero-naut Super Dimona TC-80 or its shorter-winged sister Aero-naut Katana KV-20. This is not the Katana 120 V2.
The model specs for the Dimona are:
Wingspan ca. 2.140 mm
Length ca. 1.000 mm
Wing area ca. 31,48 dm²
Weigth (10 cells) ca. 1.300 g
Wing load ca. 41,30 g/dm²

For the Katana:
Wingspan ca. 1.470 mm
Length ca. 1.000 mm
Wing area ca. 26,75 dm²
Weigth (10 cells) ca. 1.200 g
Wing load ca. 52,0 g/dm²

There's not a lot of stills available:

Attachments

• katana-1_small.jpg
    katana-1_small.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 31
  • dimona-1_small1.jpg
    dimona-1_small1.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 31
  • katana.gif
    katana.gif
    32.3 KB · Views: 8
  • dimona.jpg
    dimona.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Got a 3-view.?.............I might know someone I might be able to talk in to doing this one...
(you know who you are :p)

Last edited:
That's a tough one, as of right now I can't find a 3 view.
One decent side view of a real one.

Attachments

• 20090712_034.JPG
    20090712_034.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 7
  • dimona120.jpg
    dimona120.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 2
The Grob G109 is very similar except for the landing gear.

There's a lot more info on it.

Attachments

• grob-109b-vigilant-raf-vigilant-t-mk-1-motorglider.png
    grob-109b-vigilant-raf-vigilant-t-mk-1-motorglider.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Grob_Vigilant_T1_cockpit_SM.jpg
    Grob_Vigilant_T1_cockpit_SM.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Grob_Vigilant_T1_SM.jpg
    Grob_Vigilant_T1_SM.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3951.JPG
    IMG_3951.JPG
    248.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
it exists in Phoenix - if anyone has, can it be re-purposed? I can also photograph my model from any view - it's not finished yet but I can lay out what isn't on. I just looked at microflight sim and it has both but I can't put them into the demo and don't want to buy. I have downloaded both but not sure how the files compare.

Models cannot be transported from one sim to another. Take a perfect side view picture (like the side view in the first pic in post 1,756) of the fuselage without the wing on it. Take a top view picture of the plane with the wing on. Also, a front view. Use a wide angle with a bit of distance between you and the plane. Make sure you are perpendicular to the plane for each pic. Post them here. I could make the model for you.

the shorter-winged katana (real life version) is manufactured just down the road in London and I am sure I could get many views of it. One is mounted on a pedestal in front of their offices. Many have been sold as airforce and private trainers. I am not certain as to the variations from the real to the model and would hope to simulate the characteristics of the model for my winter training. To sim it while I build it would be great. There are a number of utoob videos of the model and a lengthy set on a UAV built from the Super Dimona for a project in Australia.It's just stills that are scarce.

Back