or take pictures of your model straight on from three sides like a 3-view
with out a descent 3-view , few modelers are willing to do you the favor
heres an example of a 3- view

Here it is

Attachments

• J-20-17_1.jpg527c3dad-69b5-4087-9f2d-a45125b64ca1Large.jpg
    J-20-17_1.jpg527c3dad-69b5-4087-9f2d-a45125b64ca1Large.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 8
That style airplane is not what I like to model. You should also provide specs of your model; wingspan, weight, motor, etc. to increase your chance of someone picking up your request. If you succeed in intriguing a modeler, he'll do it, guaranteed. You have to think like a salesman, and you have to convince a modeler to buy. Make him want it. Good luck. :)

Maj. Numbskully said:
You need to find a 3-view
or take pictures of your model straight on from three sides like a 3-view
with out a descent 3-view , few modelers are willing to do you the favor
heres an example of a 3- view

If someone designs the model how do I know when it is done and can it be for G3.5 because that is the flight simulator that I have.

Thank you

If your request is picked up, there will probably be a build thread for it cif not, you may have to keep your eye on the swap pages from time to time. Regardless, most modelers will at least notify you that they'll build it for you.

As for building a G3 version, most modelers have some way to accommodate that. I'm doing a G3 model now, and I don't have G3 anymore. There is always help here. Did you know that you can upgrade to G5 for a mere $80?

jeffpn said:
If your request is picked up, there will probably be a build thread for it cif not, you may have to keep your eye on the swap pages from time to time. Regardless, most modelers will at least notify you that they'll build it for you.

As for building a G3 version, most modelers have some way to accommodate that. I'm doing a G3 model now, and I don't have G3 anymore. There is always help here. Did you know that you can upgrade to G5 for a mere $80?

Why? pay more what is The advantage? Unless the simulator is getting obsolete.
Did you see my model RC plane picture?

Romulan Valdore class

I am building a RC model of my avatar I will post a picture when I am done with it.

Most modelers don't post G3 models. In that respect, yes, G3 is becoming obsolete.

Yes, I did see the picture you posted.

There are lot of reasons to upgrade almost to many to list from G3 to 5.5

You would gain access to hundreds of free custom content models and airfields you can't use with G3 ............ and you will still be able to use 99% of every thing you already have in G3 in 5.5 (some may require a little re-editing)

Also you can have BOTH G3 and 5.5 on the same machine !
so you don't have to give up G3 completely if you don't want to

You would also be able to get all 5 Add-Ons for FREE that you still must purchase for G3/3.5
(not to be confused with Expansion Packs that you still must purchase for all versions)

So if you don't have any or just a couple of the add-ons for G3 that alone is worth more than the $80 ;)

Also you will be able to see the effects of the Normals files that greatly improve the look and detail of all the models that utilize them

Those are just some of the reasons ................there are others

Last edited:
I still have G3.5. Reason? It does everything I need for practice flying. Friend of mine had to spend $1500 for new PC to be able to have compatible video card, so he can land on water? I rather spend more on planes on batteries, maybe I am too cheap/frugal? It this becoming obsolete though.

Eugene said:
I still have G3.5. Reason? It does everything I need for practice flying. Friend of mine had to spend $1500 for new PC to be able to have compatible video card, so he can land on water? I rather spend more on planes on batteries, maybe I am too cheap/frugal? It this becoming obsolete though.
I'm no different.

I do understand your point. I agree G3 can help with flying just as much as G5.5 does. I also wonder how many people there are that did, maybe even hesitantly, make the jump to G5.5 from prior versions, and then wish they did not, or feel that it wasn't worth the upgrade in the long run. Speaking for myself, I bought G2, G3, G4, G5, every AddOn and Expansion Pack, and don't regret any of it.

Scout Bird

So, being a new user of 5.5 after not touching my G2 Lite for years, I am shocked that there hasnt been a design for the OH-58D Kiowa. I searched as much as I could, but still not a trace. If anyone is interested in designing one, I can send pics for scale and detail (but not the classified crap so dont ask for shots of the black boxes).
Any takers?

You are shocked, huh? I have no idea what kind of aircraft that is. I don't even know if it's a plane or a heli. You have failed to intrigue me.

jeffpn said:
You are shocked, huh? I have no idea what kind of aircraft that is. I don't even know if it's a plane or a heli. You have failed to intrigue me.
The Kiowa is a small observation/scouting helicopter.

That said, it'd be nice if armyav8r58d would at least give some 3-views and good information on the heli's dimensions.

Your right Bryan. Small Scout / Attack platform based on the Bell 206 airframe with added goodies like the M3P .50 Cal Machinegun, 2.75" Rockets, AGM-114 Hellfire Missiles, and a Mast Mounted Sight for day and thermal video. My personal favorite is the 5.56 M-4 rifle out of the left door for the up close and personal stuff, but obviously not important for modeling. I have specs and pics, but was checking to see if anyone was interested first. Im guessing that the Bell 206 off of G2 would work for a base frame, but I believe that’s a Long Ranger. Our airframe is shorter in comparison. If you guys tell me exactly what you need, I can go out and get pics and send them with the specs.

There's no "base frame" for a custom model. Find some
3-views and post them here. I don't build helis anyway. I have built plenty of models I've never heard of (almost all of them), but I have never been intrigued by a only a description. A picture is worth a thousand words.

What works best for you guys? Powerpoint, or just a paint file for the data. The pics I will just send if I can get them small enough.

Put them on paint, the PP slides were too big.

Attachments

• OH58 1.png
    OH58 1.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 6
  • OH58 2.png
    OH58 2.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 6
  • OH58 3.png
    OH58 3.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 5
  • OH58 4.png
    OH58 4.png