Request Aircraft here

Maj. Numbskully said:
actually there have been some requests lately for aircraft that are equiped with skis!
living in Alaska I'm sure you are familiar with that type of aircraft! maybe you would be just the person who could do a nice one!!! :D

No sweat, already got um.. just a matter of conver...well you know..

Yep jeffpn got it, rules of the road...sorry, pilot and vessel capt on the side.

We'll see how long it takes me to finish up the geo of the 152 I may just end up back burnering it anyway (sorta a.d.d. with my projects).. mebbe get ahold of that poor fellow who gave up and give him a boost with a raw mesh.

Welcome aboard DryFly,
If you ever have any questions about quirks needed to make the model work in RealFlight or about its physics editor, just yell.
Doug

dhk79 said:
Welcome aboard DryFly,
If you ever have any questions about quirks needed to make the model work in RealFlight or about its physics editor, just yell.
Doug

Thanks Doug, I really do appreciate the offer and I may call you on it. Thankfully the FDE is very similiar to most other sims with just a slightly more eccentric naming convention and less forgiving dynamics engine. None the less I have on more than one occasion farmed out or sought assistance with the dynamics just due to the fact that I cannot own nor fly every aircraft (fullsize and RC) and include it's individual quirks accurately. I really love to make them accurate and pretty at the same time and nothing irks me more than a gorgeous mesh that flys like a turd. :) Yeah I'm one of those picky perfectionist anoying types. :D Thanks again,

Matt

DryFly said:
None the less I have on more than one occasion farmed out or sought assistance with the dynamics just due to the fact that I cannot own nor fly every aircraft (fullsize and RC) and include it's individual quirks accurately. I really love to make them accurate and pretty at the same time and nothing irks me more than a gorgeous mesh that flys like a turd. :) Yeah I'm one of those picky perfectionist anoying types. :D Thanks again,

Matt

As it should be!!....With that attitude .......You'll be appreciated and will do very well here !
WELCOME! :D

Last edited:
Maj. Numbskully said:
As it should be!!....With that attitude .......You'll be appreciated and will do very well here !
WELCOME! :D

Thank you, very kind of you to say. One of the main reasons I have migrated away from MSFS and commercial flight training sims to RF with my design work has to do with my love of RC of course but more so the good natured folks it attracts. As opposed to the overwhelming masses of demanding "rivet counters" (commercial sims) and gamer types (MSFS) it has become inundated with. So piss on 'um. :D

Not meaning to hijack the thread I just have a quicky ?? while I have attention... Anyone know how well RF displays pure spline lines? Many of my older meshes during conversion (currently a super scale Curtiss Jenny meant to be along the Proctor style) have made all my flying wires into splines, no biggee to mesh them but just curious because historically most gfx engines that will display splines instead of meshes can be a way to cut the overall poly count and boost frame rate . Sorry again if I'm hijacking.
Matt

Matt,
I'm not sure about how splines render in RF. For all of my guy wires I've used meshes. Usually a 3-sided cylinder (and sometimes add a slight twist to improve reflectivity if it's long).
Doug

PS one thing that will save lots of polys is to define any surface that cannot be seen as a hole. They don't count.

dhk79 said:
Matt,
I'm not sure about how splines render in RF. For all of my guy wires I've used meshes. Usually a 3-sided cylinder (and sometimes add a slight twist to improve reflectivity if it's long).
Doug

PS one thing that will save lots of polys is to define any surface that cannot be seen as a hole. They don't count.

Thanks Doug I thought that might be what you were doing, I was just trying to shortcut my way through a few steps, thankfully I've got a maxscript that will gen wires in much the same way using the spline as a guide...ooo you can hole define I like that, progressive display is a friend to poly hogs such as myself :D I hog poly's like crazy then spend waaaay too much time optimizing for older gfx engines.
Thanks again Doug,
I'll back off the thread with the techno babble afore some get twitchy about thread hijacking. :)
Matt

Calmato 1400

anyone here that can make the CALMATO 1400 modell with the electric engine?

that wouled be really great if anyone of u can make that hapens, and the most important is offcourse the way it fly.

don know anything aboy the craft.

ompapamowmow said:
the 2 models that i would really love to see are the parkzone habu and the parkzone messerschmitt bf-109g.

I am interested in doing the Parkzone Habu if you can find me some clean top, side, front views and some close ups of the landing gear and there wells.

These are the best I have found so far. Not that great.

There are a couple more here: http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PKZ7075

Seems to me that there has to be something close already that could scaled correctly and given a color scheme?

Go for it though, it looks like a nice flier in the vid.

Attachments

• PKZ7080-ACT7.jpg
    PKZ7080-ACT7.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 8
  • PKZ7080-GAL1.jpg
    PKZ7080-GAL1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 4
  • PKZ7080-GAL2.jpg
    PKZ7080-GAL2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 4
  • PKZ7080-GAL4.jpg
    PKZ7080-GAL4.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 3
  • PKZ7080-GAL5.jpg
    PKZ7080-GAL5.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 3
Nice finds there Norton! And yes you could scale down a Bandit and it would almost be the same. Is there a Bandit on the swaps? Could have sworn I seen one there before.

yeah on second thought and second look I really dont see the point. Other then the H-stabs are in a slighty different spot they are almost identical. A reworked physics model and a new paint job would work.

could someone build one of these flying schoolbuses complete with the folding wings. :D i know these arent good picts maybe someone else can find some better ones. please PM me if you decide to build it.

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 9
Back