Request Float Planes/Helis here

Thanks Inky00 for the new pitts on floats!! :D I LOVE IT!!!!!! :D :D the only problem is when first taking off, it noses forward. I have to keep back elevator to get into the air. But thats probally because we are taking off on land and not water. i cant wait for water! :D I love how you can break off the floats indavidually, and You can even break off the water rudders! I LOVE IT!!!! :D It flys great Inky00! thanx a bunch!! :D

Dragging...

Hey all, I'm new here and the g3 entirely, but I did catch something a post or two back that I had an idea about...

With all these great floaters being made, are there many water-based airports to fly in?

I noticed someone mentioned the nose dragging or something because they were on land. Would it help if you lowered the friction in the airport editor?

I'm still learning all the ins-and-outs of the software, but I would love to be making more content (I made a goodyear blimp CS , but that's it so far).

I love the idea of photofields, I've been messing with 360 panoramas for a while now... I'll see what I can throw together over the next few days...

jmshreve said:
Hey all, I'm new here and the g3 entirely, but I did catch something a post or two back that I had an idea about...

With all these great floaters being made, are there many water-based airports to fly in?

I noticed someone mentioned the nose dragging or something because they were on land. Would it help if you lowered the friction in the airport editor?
Unfortunately i have already turned the friction down as far as it will go and you still get dragging until you get some speed up and then it is fine.

Jollyroger said:
how about e-flite's j-3 cub. (25 version) then put the optional floats on it! :) :D

I second that! I'm thinking about picking one for those up. Drawback is that the lipos for that are kinda pricey... :eek:

flyzone cessna 182 with foam floats, now that i think of it, the plane is made of epp or epo foam to, but it looks good :cool: (im going to buy the thing and build floats outa' styrafoam blocks and wire landing gear :D ) im going to leave on the nose gear and replace the nosewheel with a rudder, so the rudder is in the front! simple but effective float conversion, has this ever been done before? with the ruder in the front?

thanks! -plane guy

Attachments

• imagesjj.jpg
    imagesjj.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
plane guy said:
flyzone cessna 182 with foam floats, now that i think of it, the plane is made of epp or epo foam to, but it looks good :cool: (im going to buy the thing and build floats outa' styrafoam blocks and wire landing gear :D ) im going to leave on the nose gear and replace the nosewheel with a rudder, so the rudder is in the front! simple but effective float conversion, has this ever been done before? with the ruder in the front?

thanks! -plane guy
It may not be a good Idea if you intend on beaching it now and then (without Rudder retracts) and the odd stick or other FOD can occur.

Just a thought that may save you.

Bryce.

Back